CTCI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.1

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTCI (Taipei (Taiwan)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the engineer of RD group of Civil and Building division position. This position major in providing software maintenance and developing for structural engineers in CTCI. So the interview covered a structural exam(part 1) and software background exam(part 2) before the panel interview.
    You should finish both part 1 and part 2 in 70 mins. Part 1 included about 10 structural questions, covered Material Mechanism, Structural Mechanism, Reinforced Concrete Structures, and Steel Structures, but most of them are easy. Part 2 questions are listed below.

Interview Questions

• [part 2 test] What do you know about the BIM(Building Information Modeling)?   Answer Question
    • [part 2 test] What principles should you follow when developing a software?   Answer Question
    • [part 2 test] What processes will you take if you've assigned a software developing project?   Answer Question
    • [part 2 test] What is the most impressive software project you've ever developed?   Answer Question

Schedule Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CTCI (Taipei (Taiwan)).

Interview

The interview was made 1 week after my resume has been submitted. And I was informed that I get the offer 1 week after the interview, however, the process took 2 weeks more for me to report for duty. I was the only interviewee on that time, and a manager and a HR held the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think about working overtime?

Q: Are you willing to work abroad?

Q: How's your English ability?

Q: What will you do when you are under pressure?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CTCI (Khobar (Saudi Arabia)) in October 2016.

Interview

had interview with three person ( 2 Saudi + 1 China )
    the interview was so general

what expected salary ? and tell me you must say less this salary
    work 6 days in week ?

Construction Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CTCI (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2015.

Interview

First, there will be some quizzes to examine your English skill and basic engineering knowledge. After that, an interview will be held in a meeting room. Three people -- HR, senior engineer and department manager will ask questions by turns after you introduce yourself. The process is just like chatting with some friends, questions won't be difficult and the atmosphere is quite relaxing.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in foreign country?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CTCI.

Interview

Send application online, and HR will contact you if pre-qualification is okay. Several interviews are arranged, from senior chief, department manager and CFO. Professional knowledge and English ability is tested. The offer is given just a few days later. As a junior, there is no negotiation of salary, just decided by HR process.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CTCI (Taipei (Taiwan)).

Interview

Interview is quite general, asking about personal details and qualifications. They focused on my interest to join this kind of business work, maybe because not so many Taiwanese young graduates willing to work in this kind of company (most of them dreaming of working in the semiconductor industries).

The technical questions mostly on your previous working experience (if you are experience hire) or your final assignment (if you are fresh graduate).

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kochi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CTCI (Kochi (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Its like from personnel talks to professional... deep about my experienced units and educational details.taiwan delights interviewd me...and it was fun too..

Interview Questions

• Why woukd you left your old company?   1 Answer

HSE Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ernakulam (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CTCI (Ernakulam (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview was with the project coordinator and the HSE manager of CINDA engineering and construction pvt. ltd.
    As they came to ask firstly about my personal details and after, my qualification for the post that i applied, personality test had conducted by the project coordinator after the technical details had collected by the HSE manager. they both were satisfied with my performance and the HSE manager and his Deputy came for a skill test, i'e the written test, the questions was entirely related to a construction site. and after all there was a phone interview from the head office of CINDA (noida), thus was the interview process.
    An oil field company named YUMERTO oilfield company hired me on a contract basis of one year, after each year the agreement will be renewed.

Interview Questions

• WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM HEIGHT OF A MOBILE SCAFFOLD?   1 Answer
    • CAN WATER BE USED AS AN EXTINGUISHING AGENT FOR LNG FIRE?   2 Answers