Cabify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cabify

2.8

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabify (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by HR, they found my profile interesting but we didn't have an interview, they just sent me a technical challenge. The same day I gave them my solutions (in the range of time they allow me) they told me there was another candidate they want to go with.

Waste of time totally...

Interview Questions

• Technical JavaScript challenge about pricing store   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cabify (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online after reading a post on Hacker News by one of its employees.
    It took them a month (literally) to say “something”.

Then I did a screening on the phone with a recruiter but they showed no hiring structure whatsoever. It was very chaotic.
    We agreed on the phone to do a Golang test but when they sent it, they asked for a Golang AND a Ruby solution. I provided solution for both and the feedback was a plain “No to the Go exercise, Yes to the Ruby exercise.”

I asked (twice by email) for a next step on the recruitment process, at least tp comment the Ruby side of the offer... and I’m still waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions

• Implement a checkout for an ecommerce with products and different types of discounts on them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabify (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. We have a call with HR manager. She asked to review their website.
    2. I did the review. Then they proposed me to do an assessment test: implement checkout interface with different discounts.
    4. I did and sent them the code.
    5. I asked them several time for the result and next steps, but there isn't any reply from thei side.

Interview Questions

• Implement a checkout interface with different discounts.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Call from a recruiter, brief comments about the technical team structure, talking about the hiring process.
    Next step is an offline technical test that I can solve and send in a not defined time frame, looks like 2 weeks is the top.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabify (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me several weeks later.

There is no actual human contact at first but an email. They require you to implement a project before even speaking to you. IMO, the project is not interesting (it doesn't make you learn anything), nor helpful as a test to check your abilities as a software engineer (an online-shop in Ruby on Rails).

I dropped out my application when:
    - They sent me an email for other applicant (they called me by other name).
    - They didn't call me by phone before requesting me to program the code project.
    - They didn't want to check my github profile and see other difficult projects (even the ones done in Ruby on Rails!).
    - They didn't want to offer an alternative project.

I have no problem programming in my own time to show my skills, but I'm not programming an online show (have already two of those in my github account).

To sum up, HR is not doing its homework, and they don't treat applicants with respect. A professional relationship cannot start this way.

Interview Questions

• They require a coding test (an online shop in Ruby on Rails), there is no whiteboarding (that I'm aware of).   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cabify.

Interview

I was required as the first step to submit a Code Challenge. Based on my solution they decided not no move forward without any explanation about what was wrong with the solution.

Backend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabify in March 2019.

Interview

They send a technical challenge. After one week they respond with the rejection news. I asked for the reason and they shared a detailed technical review which is fair. They really reviewed my solution in depth.

Interview Questions

• Design and implement a checkout system without database.   1 Answer

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabify (Madrid (Spain)) in January 2016.

Interview

A code challenge that need to be well done. Then you are going to make a some interviews and ask some questions about personality and your code challenge. In the process you need to be preparated and concentrate.

Interview Questions

• Q: Please, tell us about your story and how do you came here?   1 Answer

Head of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabify (Madrid (Spain)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews on skype for the role and was told I would have a third one the following week. After that, no one from Cabify ever reached out again. After a week, and then a second week, I emailed twice the recruiter that had interviewed me on the first place and he didn't even bother answering the emails, all I wanted was an update to say if I was rejected for the role, or it was just taking more time.
    A month later I reached out to the head of HR to ask and she was extremely rude and arrogant.
    A company that doesn't show any respect candidates that are taking the time to prepare and do interviews, without even bothering to send them a rejection email afterwards is definitely a company I wouldn't recommend to work for.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabify (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was made by Skype due to a long distance call. This happened with the sales manager where he looked up for strengths and ran a quick test to check the sales spirit profile. Next came a personal interview with that same responsible and the responsible for the HR department. A bit more specific and always focused on the position and its goals