California Dtsc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.9

Engineering Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California Dtsc (Sacramento, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward three person panel interview, but I was expecting more geology oriented questions. They wanted to know specific procedures and tools that the DTSC uses and has access to, so make sure to review those.

Interview Questions

• What tools and procedures would you use to plan for projects for the entire year and make sure to maintain project milestones?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at California Dtsc in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via phone a few months later. 2 interviews total- one with the hiring manager and a couple employees and secondary interview with the deputy director and another higher up. Both interviews are very formalized, as is standard for government jobs. They give you a pre-set list of 4 or 5 questions about 10mins prior to the actual interview. This is good because you can write down some notes before you start. Overall, everyone was pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest accomplishment over the last 5 years and its significance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Dtsc (New York, NY).

Interview

Took about 3 weeks to be scheduled for an interview. Written exercise right before interview. About 6-7 questions about the job. The interview was difficult. They expect you to have previous relevant experience. The questions were very specific.

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Dtsc in August 2015.

Interview

Send in a STD application, they will call you if they are interested for a preliminary interview, along with a second round if they like you. Usually composed of an in-face interview, but since I was still in school, I had to do a phone interview. Asked the typical interview questions, screening your resume, background info, motivation, etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes your education relevant to the position?   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Dtsc.

Interview

Interviewed with Supervising Environmental Scientist and Program Manager I. Written essay portion and 5 question interview. It wasn't too difficult but they are looking for confidence and experience. Make to do your research

Interview Questions

• How would do you an inspection at a facility that illegally disposed of hazardous waste   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at California Dtsc (Sacramento, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Was contacted within a week after applying and was immediately asked why I wanted to work there. Then set up an interview a day later for a 1:1 interview. The interviewer went over what the job entailed - did not ask me any questions until I asked a few questions regarding the job. The only question the interviewer asked was basically whether money or the job itself was more important to me. I was then told they would decide in 2 weeks. Called two weeks later and left a followup message. Was not contacted until a week or two later and went through another phone interview which had very basic questions about my computer proficiency, class schedule, and availability. Waited another week and was notified that I did not get the job.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Dtsc in February 2010.

Interview

Very organized, quick response, easy to work with.