California Highway Patrol Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at California Highway Patrol

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Highway Patrol

Found 11 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (United States)

Interview

It took about a month to get an interview, there was not exercise to complete before the interview day like other state agencies, however before the interview, the person takes to a separate room to complete a short test and you are given a calculator to assist. The interview itself was very standard

Interview Questions
  • what are the duties of a personnel specialist and what experience do you have that fits these duties?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blythe, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (Blythe, CA) in May 2019

Interview

Invited to interview from 120 miles away, disqualified 4 minutes into the process. CHP Blythe cannot effectively communicate expectations before wasting applicants time. Does not respect admins, or what they bring to the table. Lacks legitimacy as an employer.

Interview Questions
California Highway Patrol
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (United States)

Interview

submit application, take physical test, take written test, and be honest and forthcoming in background investigation and submit all requested documents quickly, then take medical, psychological and hope for an invite to the academy and wait.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 12 months. I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (United States)

Interview

Lengthy but fair. Asked typical interview questions but also went off script and asked other things. The staff was nice and welcoming. The interview isn’t there to trick you, they want you to pass :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
Application

I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (Sacramento, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

Applied March 01, received date for interview Mar 29, Interview 2.5 weeks later (Friday). 2 Panel Interview. Hiring Sergeant + Supervising Lieutenant. The Sergeant was incredibly professional, the Lieutenant walked in on his phone, interview started, he was still on his phone, loose with his language. Asked about age, 1 of my previous job's being mindless. I guess that's the sort of attitude you can adopt when you make over 100k a year. That threw me off for sure, but it didn't stop me from getting my message across – I think that’s just how his personality is and didn’t mean any disrespect. Besides that, Interview went great though, very friendly and easy going people. Interview was over (Fri), sergeant said he'd give a name to HR next week and they would contact that person that following week. We are going into the second week, still no notification email/ contact. I can only assume the worst. I will keep looking! Gl guys!

Interview Questions
  • 8 Questions Why work at CHP? Describe what you can contribute to our section? Experience using Excel, Sharepoint, Word, etc.. Describe how your work experience/ college experience makes you a competitive candidate for this job.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (Martinez, CA) in Dec 2016

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of two people. Was nervous going in, but both interviewers made me feel very comfortable. They thought I was over qualified because of my previous experience, but I explained how this could be beneficial to them since I am in the process of rejoining the work force after taking time off to raise my son. I thought it went very well. Even though I did not get offered the position in the end, they encouraged me to check back since they would have other positions open in the near future.

Interview Questions
  • What could I bring to the position that others might not be able to.
Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (West Sacramento, CA)

Interview

Two interviews, first with my supervisor and manager. Second with my supervisor and the Captain. We met in the conference room, and there were two interviewers in each interview. The atmosphere was very casual and conversational.

Interview Questions
  • What was one major problem you encountered in your job, and how did you react? Did you solve the problem?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015

Interview

Three person panel interview with around eight questions. Each asked a question in turn. The panel included the hiring Sergeant, an office manager weeks from retirement, and another individual whom I would have been working with, had the job been offered to me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you knew your boss was wrong.
Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (Sacramento, CA)

Interview

State Bureaucratic Process. 1-Apply when open. 2-Written Exam. 3-Physical. 4-Medical. 5-Background Check. 6-Interview 7-Psycological Screening. 8- WAIT 24-48 MONTHS! 9-Pass 27 week Academy.

Interview Questions
  • None - Just know everything you can about the CHP and they will want you to regurgitate it to them. Basically memorize the CHP values / mission and seven points of the badge. Then answer honestly and use those points to align yourself with them.
Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at California Highway Patrol (Fresno, CA) in Mar 2013

Interview

Written exam, wait for an open position, submit an application. If selected for an interview, there is a short Excel and typing correspondence proficiency prior to the interview. Must pass both and background check prior to being hired.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11