California Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Resources (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief and to the point, was very informed of the position before the interview processes actually started, interviewers were kind and very enthusiastic and you could tell they cared about their careers.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Resources (Northridge, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The 30 minute interview was a combination of behavioral and work/education background questions. There were three interviewers ranging from one, two and 20+ years of experience in the industry. The questions reflected upon my previous work history and my current research.

Interview Questions

• How would my previous work background transfer to the petroleum industry?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Resources (Long Beach, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was easy, why do you want to work here? what experience do you have? it was a 1 on 1 interview. They also asked several behavior questions, so be prepared for that.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California Resources (Bakersfield, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

One of the more difficult interviews I experienced, testing my technical experience along with hypothetical scenarios with technically no right answer. They were also very open to having questions asked about the company afterwards.

Interview Questions

• In the event a third party vendor calls about an onsite issue where a student in a classroom is experiencing a technical problem, while a VIP also calls saying, "Nothing is working," who do you assist first and why?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Resources (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

It an intern position.
    I interviewed with its leading data scientist and leading geologist.
    The interview is purely behavioral.
    Both interviewers are friendly and willing to listen to what you have to say.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California Resources (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

It was one hour long interview with resume walkthrough and questions on how machine learning algorithms would help in the oil and gas industry. The group of interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• how machine learning algorithms would help in the oil and gas industry   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Resources (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Simple and pleasant, the interviewers were friendly and gave you the opportunity to speak and elaborate on your answers. The interview was mainly about the personality and personal experience in the oilfield not so much technical.

Interview Questions

• - Why should we hire you.
      - What makes you a good fit for our company.   Answer Question

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Resources (Long Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the head geologist and one of the other higher up geologists from the Bakersfield office. They mostly asked questions specific to my resume and my experience and education.

Engineering Tech Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California Resources (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through Campus and I had an on campus interview with them and they offered me a position after a week. this was relatively a competitive interview and I am glad I was selected for this position. The people who interviewed me, made me feel comfortable

Interview Questions

• How will your current skills at your current job help with this position you are applying to   Answer Question