California State Controller's Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at California State Controller's Office

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California State Controller's Office (Sacramento, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Long process. Must past self examination and get placed on list. Then apply when position available. Must be in top 3 ranks. Then you will be scheduled for an in person interview which is not only a test of basic knowledge, but fit for program you will likely be placed in to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary based on grade point average in college for entry level positions

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California State Controller's Office in November 2011.

Interview

Took a written examination and was ranked. Thereafter, called in for a first panel interview. Second panel interview was held 2 weeks later. Offer was made 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation involving a family member who had misappropriated funds belonging to the government?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California State Controller's Office (Sacramento, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was a student at a local university, so I got the job thanks to on campus organization. The interview process was very basic. They only asked me the standard interview questions; nothing shocking at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, this was all standard.

Staff Services Management Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at California State Controller's Office (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

preset questions. two managers. typical experience and hypothetical situation questions. most important part was qualifying for the job according to government standards. make sure to read the classification specifications closely and necessary work experience

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time when you disagreed with a superior? How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question