Calkins Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Calkins Media

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Calkins Media

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calkins Media.

Interview

Three-part interview with editorial team, then with digital team, then with the head manager. Head manager took me out to lunch, so that was very nice. Took about four hours, but they made their decision very quickly, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• How one of my stories helped a community for the better.   Answer Question

News Interview

Interview

Long and drawn out. They bring you back multiple times and ask you the same questions. The smell of the landfill is a big turn off. Upper management will buy you lunch, that's about it

News Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Levittown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calkins Media (Levittown, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Was brought in to executive editor's office and interviewed for 20 minutes. Said since worked there did not need resume. Late out my vision and how things should operate. Very cordial. Did not receive position and when asked what I could improve on in the interview process th d y said nothing. I did nothing wrong, someone just more qualified applied.

Promotion Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaver, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Calkins Media (Beaver, PA).

Interview

It took three Directors to interview me but the process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I did not apply for writing or include it in my resume' but I was asked if I could anyway.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered what I expected.