Canadian Blood Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Blood Services Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got my interview in a week. It was a face-to-face interview. The interviewer is professional and friendly. He explained the job and every day tasks, and the process of the interview, which would start with technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Professional questions from OOP, SQL, to Java specific questions.   Answer Question

Donor Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a telephone interview and then an in person interview with 2 clinic supervisors whom asked lots of scenario questions regarding customer service and duties of a receptionist such as communicating effectively and using Microsoft Office.

Interview Questions

• What does you role as a donor service representative mean for the organization?   1 Answer

Donor Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)).

Interview

Initial telephone interview. Asked to "describe a situation when.." type question. Roughly 3 questions asked and a description of the job offered. When make it to in person interview, it was more informal and experience was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to act under pressure. What was the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Sudbury, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

You basically do some office admin and simple data entry work. Also they give you a Whmis training card after you finish test. The process takes a few months but they love to hire students.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in customer service?   1 Answer
    • Can you talk to people on the phone?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR recruiter called to set up phobe interview
    Telephone interview from Toronto HR
    Then interview by 1 or 2 supervisors in person
    Heard back about the job within a 2 week time period. Orientation was okay. People are nice to work with. It's a union position part time

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services.

Interview

I brought my credentials with me and references, they provided the job description, 2 managers, 30 minute interview, inquired about my past experience as a nurse, they asked critical thinking questions, they completed the interview in a positive manner and I heard from them within 2 days.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process for this position was in two-stages. The first stage consisted of an over the phone interview with an HR rep in Winnipeg. The second stage of the interview process consisted of an in-person meeting in front of a small panel. The second interview consisted primarily of a review of past experience (and questions about this) as well as a short 'quiz' of provided scenarios and how I would respond to these.

Interview Questions

• You've got a clinic scheduled for community X on date Y. On the day of, you find out that the building is unavailable due to a (flood, burst pipe, overlapping booking). How do you respond? What are the steps you take to remedy this? Why?   Answer Question

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Pre screening over the phone followed by an hour long in person interview with another manager on a conference call. It was a very smooth and easy process as the HR department was very helpful in sending out the proper forms and ensuring I knew exactly how to fill them out.

Interview Questions

• Lots of scenario questions about integrity. Ex) What would you do if you made a mistake and no one knew? What would you do if you were given this situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The terms were already chosen for me so there was no negotiation process. They offered a handsome pay rate with shift premiums as well as employee benefits and resources.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was funny, a mock presentation about a partner program that you really didn't know anything about. I laughed later when I did know the program and thought back to my presentation. It was a two person panel and they alternated asking questions. The questions were standard sales process and customer service oriented. The interview process took about 45 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Lab Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services in July 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call about three weeks after applying. Then I had two interviews by phone. The first one was general, about the position, and my experience. Second one was behavioral. Then, they call the more suitable candidates for a technical interview. I wasn't called but at least they call me to let me know that somebody else got the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprise questions. Is very standard like: Tell me about a problem you had with a coworker and how did you fix it.   Answer Question