Canadian Blood Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Blood Services Interview Questions

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR recruiter called to set up phobe interview
    Telephone interview from Toronto HR
    Then interview by 1 or 2 supervisors in person
    Heard back about the job within a 2 week time period. Orientation was okay. People are nice to work with. It's a union position part time

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services.

Interview

I brought my credentials with me and references, they provided the job description, 2 managers, 30 minute interview, inquired about my past experience as a nurse, they asked critical thinking questions, they completed the interview in a positive manner and I heard from them within 2 days.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process for this position was in two-stages. The first stage consisted of an over the phone interview with an HR rep in Winnipeg. The second stage of the interview process consisted of an in-person meeting in front of a small panel. The second interview consisted primarily of a review of past experience (and questions about this) as well as a short 'quiz' of provided scenarios and how I would respond to these.

Interview Questions

• You've got a clinic scheduled for community X on date Y. On the day of, you find out that the building is unavailable due to a (flood, burst pipe, overlapping booking). How do you respond? What are the steps you take to remedy this? Why?   Answer Question

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Pre screening over the phone followed by an hour long in person interview with another manager on a conference call. It was a very smooth and easy process as the HR department was very helpful in sending out the proper forms and ensuring I knew exactly how to fill them out.

Interview Questions

• Lots of scenario questions about integrity. Ex) What would you do if you made a mistake and no one knew? What would you do if you were given this situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The terms were already chosen for me so there was no negotiation process. They offered a handsome pay rate with shift premiums as well as employee benefits and resources.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was funny, a mock presentation about a partner program that you really didn't know anything about. I laughed later when I did know the program and thought back to my presentation. It was a two person panel and they alternated asking questions. The questions were standard sales process and customer service oriented. The interview process took about 45 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Lab Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services in July 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call about three weeks after applying. Then I had two interviews by phone. The first one was general, about the position, and my experience. Second one was behavioral. Then, they call the more suitable candidates for a technical interview. I wasn't called but at least they call me to let me know that somebody else got the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprise questions. Is very standard like: Tell me about a problem you had with a coworker and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services.

Interview

Intereviewed in person by the HR Rep, Lab Manager and the Charge Technologist for the lab area. Very straight forward questions relevant to requirements of the job. Very friendly people and a very comfortable atmosphere. Received a call within a few days to offer me the position. There were a few behavioural type questions specific to following procedures or being told by coworkers not to follow procedures as well as conflict with others type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker not following procedures?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can not negotitate in unionized positions

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services.

Interview

they were 2 hours late,while i waited in the reception area,process was not organised, all asked questions at the same time and interupted each other.Some questions were irelevant to the job position.

Interview Questions

• unexpected question was fromlab manager asking me what i would if his car broke down?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations due to being a unionised position

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Blood Services in March 2009.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks I was contacted by phone by HR to set up a phone interview. Two interviews took place, first by phone with the hiring manager, second in person with the hiring manager. Went through my resume and asked me questions based on resume. I was able to observe the culture during my face to face meeting and it didn't seem dynamic overall from the information that was shared with me.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate due to unavailability of the hiring manager, which had left things with HR.