Canadian Mental Health Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Mental Health Association Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.1

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Mental Health Association (Newmarket, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Not only the professional questions were poorly formulated, illegal questions were asked. The "boss to be" was very rude in the whole procedure, all signs of impatient were presented: yawning, sneezing and cutting off the candidate. I totally understand why his staff is leaving, and I won't consider work for him at all. The organization should review the hiring personnel's practice and stop the illegal interview questions being asked, make sure employees as well as candidates were treated professionally and respectfully.

Residential Crisis Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Mental Health Association (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was asked to meet at the residence for the interview. I met with two colleagues. One person was the program lead and the other interviewer was a case manager for the organization who specializes in court services. They took turns asking me questions. Some questions were situational and others were knowledge based such as how would you conduct an assessment?

Interview Questions

• What constructive feedback have you received from an employer and how did you respond or alter your behaviour?   Answer Question

Fund Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Canadian Mental Health Association (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Formal and professional, but still relaxed. I did not feel like they asked anything invasive and I was comfortable opening up about my job experience and time in the not-for-profit sector.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience conducting research and how that figured into some of my skills, such as census review and copywriting.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Mental Health Association.

Interview

It was a very fair, pleasant one-on-one interview with the future manager and I received the answer in the next few days after reference checking. Questions about skills and team-oriented behavioural questions were included. The format made you feel comfortable because HR was mostly there to mediate on the administrative side of the recruitment.

Interview Questions

• They ask you all necessary questions to see if you will fit in the company's culture and the role. No frills.   Answer Question

Mental Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Mental Health Association (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very non-personal interview process in which they didn't try and get to know me at all but instead read out questions from a piece of paper. Was told that I would have to be working with inmates and driving them in my car to various appointments, none of this was mentioned in the posting. The posting also indicated that the position was in Barrie but it was actually Orillia (way further) So lots of false job posting information.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I was attacked by a client with high mental health needs ?   Answer Question

Decision Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Mental Health Association (Sudbury, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I emailed my application to HR personnel of the CMHA, Sudbury, Ontario. Potential employee have to complete organization's employment package that includes employment application, scenario questions, resume and cover letter. This package also includes job posting and job description. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. There were one epidemiologist, a manger, and a higher management personnel. This position includes a lot of qualitative and quantitative research. Demonstrate your research and decision making experience for this position. Prepare answers in advance. It takes approximately one hour for personal interview. Panel asks you definite number of questions (13-15). It was pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for this position?   Answer Question
    • Experience with Creation of Knowledge Products   Answer Question
    • Computer Knowledge   1 Answer
    • Team Work and Collaboration
      Experience working in multi-disciplinary team and working independently   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to take on something new and had little or no guidance or support. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Education Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Mental Health Association in April 2013.

Interview

There was no phone screen. I had an interview with three people. They asked (1)what discimination meant to me and how it fit into their model, (2) what steps I would take to put together a seminar etc.

Interview Questions

• What does discrimination mean to the company and how do they apply it   Answer Question