Canfor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

Millwright Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canfor (Jackson, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Behavior Based interview. was questioned by the mill manager, maintenance manager and shift supervisor over roughly a 1.5 hour period. Questions ranged from personal experiences to professional and was very thorough in vetting my skill set.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience that you excelled under high pressure?   Answer Question

Specific Trade Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prince George, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canfor (Prince George, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Quick review of qualifications and testing. Explain rules and regulations. Talk about their good relationship with the union (in other words, they are in with them). All smiles and happy because company finally got a person they needed to do a job they couldn't get anybody to do for all the reasons listed in company rating.

Electrical Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canfor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by Canfor the day before in order to make an appointment for the formal interview. Interviewed on the phone by two technical engineers and an administrative personnel simultaneously. The administrative questions mostly related to teamwork and interpersonal problem solving. The two engineering personnel asked about my technical experience.

Planer Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canfor (Clearwater, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough. I felt comfortable with the people. Many questions were asked. There was a letter sent to me before the interview with most of the questions on it that were being asked so I had time to prepare my answers. I was impressed that most of my references were used. Gave me a feeling that they cared on what type of employees the were hiring or hired.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for from Canfor?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Canfor (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Their interview process was the most grueling that I have ever been through and it was super excessive for an administrative position; I literally spent over 8 hours doing testing for them at home and in the psychologist's office (over 10 written tests online and in person), had to book a half day off work to meet with the psychologist! I had a criminal record check, and all my references were called, plus they wanted two references from my current employer (who calls current employers since the candidate has likely not told their boss or colleagues they are looking!!!?). Also, who calls references if you aren't even offering a job to the candidate (all my references were great). They did not value my time or my references time, so it is probably for the best I did not get the job, as it was all truly insane.

Interview Questions

• they sent me to a psychologist for a half day to be grilled and analyzed where I was also provided with a stack of in person tests, after already completing 4 hours of at home/online tests. Questions at the panel interview were mostly behavioral and very old school/not progressive at all.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Canfor (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with two process engineers. Both of them are very robotic and not used to giving interviews. Just be polite and speak clearly, you will do fine.
    HR get back with offer very quickly. They always need coop students and are having trouble to hire one.

Interview Questions

• All behaviour questions with only 2 very easy technical questions and they don't really expect you to give exact answers to technical questions.   Answer Question

Labourer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canfor (Houston, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview was awesome I described my work experience and safety and my interviewers were impressed. my interviewers were polite and to the point of my expectations on the work site. safety is always #1

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with an arising situation with fellow employees or employers   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canfor (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Communication with Change Management project manager, which led to first interview with project manager, another project manager (Finance) and project manager from the implementation partner. Interview focused on Canfor project methodology, project scope and project timeline. Ultimately three Canfor project managers made the decision to hire. The implementation partner of course wanted to have their own resource brought on board which would always be a bone of contention from day one until end of project.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with Oracle / JDEdwards software?   1 Answer

Millwright Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canfor (Houston, BC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR manager and the maintenance superintendent. They asked numerous questions about my previous employment and what my skills are and what I felt my strengths and weaknesses are. They asked if I was planning on long term employment with Canfor and staying in the Houston area.

Interview Questions

• What were your main duties as a planerman at your previous job?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canfor in January 2013.

Interview

Behavioural, real life examples. The questions and guidance on how to answer the questions were provided ahead of time. The interviewers took turns asking the questions and prompted for more detail as required. One HR and two managers ran the interview.

Interview Questions

• Careful listening and effective communications go together. Tell me about a specific time when your skill in listening helped you communicate better.   Answer Question