Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC)

1.4

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC).

Interview

Its three rounds. The first is to put a face to the resume, the second is an entire day shadowing a Corporate Trainer, and the third is at the end of the day shadowing. All they want to figure out is if you can talk, and how willing are you to do door to door. Ideally they are trying to find good sales people.

Interview Questions

• If your client is ______ what form of marketing would you use to sell?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Fast friendly environment . Simple question really easy to get hired it goes really fast I think I was there for more e than ten minutes before they call you for a second interview then they train you on your second interview

Interview Questions

• Tell a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

If you are serious about marketing, PR, or advertising than avoid this company. They post lots of job positions, using attractive but misleading job titles like "brand marketing associate" or "special events and event marketing associate". The first interview lasts no more than 10 minutes and then they bring you back for a second "interview" and shadowing day. This second interview ends up being shadowing for the same door-to-door solicitation job no matter what position you applied for. At no point did I have a chance to ask any questions about the position, company, or salary during either of the interviews. All in all, it ended up being a waste of money and time.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, nor did I have the opportunity to ask any of my own   1 Answer

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Arlington, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Confusing and misleading.

I was led to believe in the first interview that the job would be making presentations to businesses for the charity. When I showed up for my second round, I was informed we would be going to our "sales territory" (and found out on the train that it was until 8:30 pm). I also had to pay my own way to and from the the territory ($10+).

It turns out that the job was going door-to-door asking for donations. I had no where to leave my briefcase, no water and no sunscreen. I felt they lied to me and that it was a total waste of not only my time, but theirs as well. I left a few minutes after I realized what was going on.

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Application

Interview

I was emailed midday and called and interview was ready for me as I drove up there. I live an hour away. I actually spoke directly with one of the (Campagne) Managers. Young , professional gentleman who apparently left a corporate company after college to become a Manager here. Spoke very enthusiastically about C.A first interview. We had open dialogue. I come from Sellings cars and decided to absorb this experience and after viewing my resume (Age 24 , produced sales in monthly prospects of up to 42% in less than 90 days for dealership ) he knew my worth , and the value is bring. I plan to become Manager within their 6-10 month period.

Interview Questions

• Leadership Qs. Simple. Brief Story like. Both the manager (interviewing) & I came from similar backgrounds and headed for similar rewards out of this. Besides I've undergone many interviews , couldn't find it challenging.   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) in January 2015.

Interview

When was the last time you entered an office and thought it might just have been an night club? Capital Acquisitions in Rosslyn has Katy Perry playing almost 24/7. This is to motivate our team, said one manager, to help them feel more young and alive. For me, it did the exact opposite. It wasn't their fault really, since Miss Perry can always magically upset my stomach from even a galaxy far far away.

Now to business. The interview has three rounds: the first one lasts about ten minutes, with a energetic blonde asking you questions such as choose a word to describe yourself; the second one is what they call shadowing, where you follow one current employee for a day; the third interview lasts about 30 mins, basically just to talk about compensation, hours, etc.

I walked into the office for the first interview and there was already a few people waiting in the reception area. Then a (pretty attractive) young woman invited me into her office, where a tiny dog was chewing a pile of files on the floor. The second interview was the gem. A "team leader" told me we were going out to "talk to clients" and wouldn't tell me where we were going, except that we were getting into a car. I didn't knew where we were headed until he told the driver we were going to Wheaton, MD and the driver asked how to spell Wheaton. We stopped at a Chinese restaurant that looked like the last Chinese restaurant on earth after an apocalypse for lunch before starting knocking on people's doors. No one knew we were coming obviously, and I was afraid that someone might open their door with a double-barrel shotgun and blow my average sized head off. The journey included forcing an innocent, non-English speaking Chinese lady to switch her energy supplier, stalking a family from getting their children baptized, and stopping a bleeding man from going to the emergency room. It was quite an experience, for that it's been a long time since I witnessed someone using the word "persistent" to justify all these events with no shame. The day ended with the team leader asking me questions such as "how long do you think it'll take for you to get promoted". His intention was probably to impress me with some "opportunity oriented" company structure, to which I responded with a fake smile and dead eyes.

I decided to go for the third interview anyways, just to see what beautiful story I can end up telling. I waited for almost 30 minutes with Miss Perry's music playing, naturally. Then a dashy young man who I've never met before invited me to his office. He works for another company he said, and is just doing someone a favor by interviewing me. Have you read my resume I asked, he said no. I can't tell you how many thoughts went through my head that moment, since I was laughing and crying inside the same time. I turned my head and saw that tiny dog, still chewing up his pile of files on the floor. Happy. Care-free.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy the most during your second interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

They bring you in for a short 5-10 min interview, then after asking you a few simple easy questions, they tell you if you make it to the next round you'll be called back for a second interview. Pretty positive everyone makes it to the second interview. The second interview is supposed to be a "job shadow" although they never disclosed what the job shadow would entail. All I was told was to bring another hard copy of my resume and to wear flat shoes. When I got to the second interview I waited in a small waiting room where a bunch of other people were sitting waiting for their interviews as well. Finally, after starting the interview 30 mins later than scheduled, I was introduced to the woman who was supposed to conduct the job shadow. She was put in charge of me and one other candidate. Then we were told to follow her. I thought we might be moving to a separate room in the building. The next thing I know we're headed out of the building towards the subway--this was a major red flag as their had been no prior warning that the job shadow would be held outside the building, and as such I wasn't dressed properly for it. It was freezing cold outside and I didn't have a hat, gloves, or boots, like the women "interviewing" me did. I asked her repeatedly where we were going and what we were going to do and all she would say is that we are going to "meet with clients." They didn't offer to pay for my subway fare either which was another indicator. On the subway ride the woman quizzed me about different types of marketing practices. I remember specifically her asking "So what do you know about marketing?" and I replied, "A great deal. It was my major." Her questions didn't seem professional and I already felt that something was off. She told me about their client, Direct Energy I think it's called, and how they do personal marketing for their client, but she was still vague about what exactly they do. Finally I managed to get out of her what we would be doing. I had to directly ask, if the clients we were meeting today, knew that we were coming. She replied calmly, looking at her feet, that no, they are unaware. That's when I knew for certain that this wasn't real marketing. This was door-to-door solicitation masquerading as a marketing business. After hitting a few houses and knocking on their doors, myself and the other man being "interviewed" decided together that this was sketchy and not right. We told the woman thanks but no thanks, and left together to take the metro back. When I got home and told my family they were also outraged at the deceitfulness and unprofessionalism. This company is shady and is not upfront in their hiring processes, their method of "marketing" is equally unprofessional, and I advise anyone looking for a job to steer clear of this company. Don't bother even applying!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about marketing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

3 day interview process. During the first interview, I was told that it was merely for the purposes of "putting a face to the resume." I wasn't told anything about the company - on the contrary, I shared what I knew about the organization and spent the next 10 minutes asking the man interviewing me questions, instead of the other way around. The man asked me what days worked for me for a second interview, which would be a job shadow. I got an email confirmation for the second interview, only advising me to "wear comfortable shoes" as the only warning of what the second interview might be like. I arrive for the second interview and waited patiently with several other applicants in a waiting room. We soon got split up into groups: my group consisted of an employee, one trainee, one other young man in his second interview, and myself. The manager told us, "you can go out the way you came in," pointing towards the door. I was confused but follow the others outside. I soon find out that this is a full day interview during which we will be traveling (using public transportation---and doing so by spending our own money...) and will have to return to the Georgetown office around 9pm, IF the employee thinks we are worthy (Excuse me?!) The other interviewee and myself are very confused and taken aback; there was absolutely no warning of this whatsoever. I ask the employee what regular hours look like for an employee, and he says roughly 11am-11pm. I should have run after hearing that. I ask the employee what we will be doing today. He replies that we will be meeting with clients, and only when I push further, does he say that "the area we will be working in is residential." I still don't know what we are about to do but decide to go with it. Soon we board a bus, then a metro, then another bus, and get off in Silver Spring, Maryland. Again, all with our own money. No one seems to be in a hurry because we stop for lunch before we do anything else. The employee doesn't seem to know where he is going - he keeps looking up directions and bus routes on his handy company iPad. We arrive in an apartment complex, and I realize we are about to go door to door and I am in complete shock. The employee explains that they are working on an "energy campaign". From what I observed, each situation went like this: The employee knocks on a door. Someone opens the door, and if they seem open enough to hold a conversation, the employee then says something along the lines of, "we are following up on a notice on the back of your utility bill...go get your bill and I'll show you what I'm talking about." He then proceeds to explain how these people are paying more than they should be, try to get them to agree to 'their' service, whatever that is. I am extremely frustrated now, because if I had known this was how my entire day was going to be spent, I wouldn't have wasted my time. We knock on doors for the next 4/5 hours. The other interviewee decides not to come back to Georgetown for interview #3, especially since he is from Silver Spring, and is miffed that he has been made to go back and forth already, unnecessarily. The rest of us bus and metro back to Georgetown. I come back to the office to find all the employees drinking, playing loud music, and having a good time. I get called in to speak with the same man who did my first interview (if you can call it that). We talk for some time, and gives me all this talk about how he's worked in the corporate world and values his job at Capital Acquisitions because they allow for growth from within, and basically pay a lot. He said after his own second interview that there was no way he was going to do it, but he is about to become a manager, and that is really incredible (?). The program is pretty much a "manager training" program - if you go through the steps/put in the work, you get promoted and if you make it to manager, you can start your own office. But there is no escaping the door to door stuff. He tells me to think about it, that it pays well (I wouldn't hear that it was commission based until later), and that he'd love for me to join the team. I am monumentally confused and tell him I'll think about it.

This company is misleading, unclear, sketchy, and quite honestly a bit disrespectful. They are absolutely NOT a marketing firm. Transparency, or at least a bit more openness about who they are as a company, would go a long way.

Interview Questions

• I don't think I was asked a single relevant question during the entire "interview" process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Georgetown, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

BOGUS! Arrived for my interview, lights were off in the building and no one inside. Sent emails And called several times to no answer. Stay away! Three other folks arrived for an interview as well and drove very far to get to the unmarked building.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was fairly short, for an hour and 30 minute commute the interview was only 5 minutes. It was hard finding the location and once I arrived the first thing I saw was a dog and I had to walk all the way to the back to let them know that I was actually here. I feel like if they let people know up front what they plan on doing then they would have better success retaining employees.

Interview Questions

• What's one word to describe me? Where do I see myself in 3 years? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I guess I didn't get that far in the process.