Capital One Promotions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital One Promotions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One Promotions

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One Promotions (Nottingham, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Questions from the CEO followed by misleading information as to the type of work and the conditions and hours. The CEO called two people into his office at a time and asked questions about them to try an gauge their personalities. I was honest about myself and he liked me (I think), maybe it was the fact that I was dressed up nicely and had made an effort with my make-up. The Second part was conducted in Starbucks and then the third part was a test and the the final part was a final interview going over the test results with the CEO. It was cheaply slick. No mention of Door to Door sales at any point, or midnight finishes!

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in a word?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One Promotions (Nottingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I first received a phone call and they ask you a few questions about your communication skills and they pick a few things you put on your C.V to see if you're competent enough for an interview. Once they feel that you're good enough, they make an appointment with you, which is an interview for a particular day. The staff were very very friendly and polite. There are 2 stages to the interview. First stage is like a group interview where you are taken into the manager's office. But before you're taking into the office, there's this question sheet you need to complete. The questions consist of your name, email address, whether you're in current employment, then at the bottom of the sheet, it asks you to rate yourself out of ''Excellent, good or average'' for communication skills, team working skills and leadership role. Keep in mind, that whatever rating you choose, the manager will ask you why you've picked this, so make sure you can back yourself up. Second stage involves getting to know the company a bit more and the role from a team leader and the salary is briefly spoken about. Then there's a test after this, to see whether you've been listening and to see how much you know about the company. The questions on the test consisted of questions such as what are the 3 ways of marketing? Which would be event marketing, residential and business. What are the 6 core values? Honest. Positive. Personable. Student mentality. Work ethic. Cant remember the 6th one. Give two examples of a company who capital 1 has worked with previously. The answer is British Red Cross, Sky or Talk Talk. Then they immediately tell you whether you've got the job or not by calling you back into the office and giving you this congratulations card. Induction and training follows through depending on when you're willing to start this work.

I would like to say that I got accepted for the job, however, I declined because the times you have to work and the salary that goes along with it, wasn't worth it for me. You work from Monday to Friday 12pm to 9pm and the salary is £30 per sale. The goal is to make 2 sales each day as a minimum. If you don't make any sales, you dont get paid. It's an unstable income, however companies do commission type of salary to increase productiveness of their collegues. This doesnt float my boat, because I could be working hard all day and not make any sales, meaning I would go home without any money. The thing that put me off also was the fact that they take a 40% bonus of each sale you make and they store it away for you and you can't access that pay until 5 months later. The reason why they do this, is to keep you as an employer long term. So if you decide to leave after a few weeks since you've started, you won't be able to received those 40% bonuses from your sales. The bonus they take out is pretty big. If you make £60 (2 sales) for one day, you only get to take home £36. Which sucks. But I'm sure other's wouldn't mind working here, because if you're really good with customers, then you can potentially make a lot of sales. The role requires you to go to customers by knocking on their doors to sell products or get them to sign up to a charity. You also do this outside shopping centres. But they don't tell you this directly, instead they use words such as even marketing (shopping centres) and residential (door to door). I'm trying give as much detail without being biased. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer
    • Can you work well with customers?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example where you had to use strong communication skills   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One Promotions (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

A very quick three step process, first a telephone interview, then a meeting with the managing director, then a meeting with an experienced team leader. All steps were friendly and I was made to feel very welcome throughout.