Capstone Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capstone Management

1.8

Event Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a receptionist who seemed very professional. Once I was called back to meet with the owner, I noticed that the office was completely bare/empty and seemed as if they just moved in.
    The interview was brief, vague, and not at all what I was anticipating. The job she actually was offering me vs. the job posted online were two completely different things. What I was ACTUALLY there for was a door-to-door sales job with 100% commission based salary only, no base. It turned into an almost offensive experience...I was offended by the fact that they wasted my time calling me to come in for an interview with my previous years of excelled experience in management/operations, just to find out it's a position that I would be taking 10 steps back in career wise.
    The ONLY person fit for any hiring position you find posted from this company is someone who doesn't mind cold calls, door-to-door sales, who has limited bills, and zero previous career experience (someone who's just out of college would be the right candidate). If you don't check yes to all three of those, don't waste your time!!

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick one thing about yourself that stands out the most, what would it be?   1 Answer

Public Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

First of all this ended up being a huge scam as the position I applied for was not the same thing at all once I got in. I was told that they didn't really do PR and I would actually be going door to door soliticing people ALONE in a not so nice area of Philly. It should be illegal for comapnies to lie about every single aspect of a job on a listing just to lure people in. I was extremely disapointed. When I tried to polietly decline the offer they kept pushing me as to why I didn't feel it was a good fit and made it very hard to say no as they woudln't take it for an answer. Other than that the people were very nice, until I declined.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about me as a person and then sent me out to shadow some one.   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy to talk to, they were very welcoming and open to talking with you. They were able to answer any question you had about the job and the training program. Very positive experience overall, but not the job I am looking for. They tell you it is a sales job, but they make it seem very fun, even though you are working 70 hour work weeks. They are honest and up front about the hours you will be working every week. So if you like working long hours and getting commission this job is for you!

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Phila, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very process oriented. I met with three different people who each were very clear and honest with what the position was all about. The first round is an overview about what Capstone is about and if it interests you. The second round they breakdown the program and show you the entry level. If they like you and you like what you had seen you go for a third round to discuss in further about what you will be getting out of the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Does commission scare you?   1 Answer
    • Does the idea of being your own boss motivate you?   1 Answer
    • Why marketing?   1 Answer

Sales/Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, a secretary called me the next day to do a brief screening, then got asked in for a 1st interview that week, which was very short and basic. The 2nd round was the next day and included shadowing associates for an hour or so and then being told about the position/advancement possibilities/basic info from them. The 3rd round was with the same person as the 1st interview right after the 2nd round, only about 10-20 minutes, very basic questions gauging your interest in the position. They call this work 'direct marketing' but really what you do is go door to door to ANY businesses (pizza places, grocery stores, gaming stores, the post office, anywhere) selling this make up product to anyone in the store or working in it. The pay is completely commission based.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any leadership experience?   1 Answer

Entry Level Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very process oriented. I met with three different people who each were very clear and honest with what the position was all about. The first round is an overview about what Capstone is about and if it interests you. The second round they breakdown the program and show you the entry level. If they like you and you like what you had seen you go for a third round for the final round.

Entry Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Sunday and on a Monday was e-mailed twice and called to schedule an interview for the next day. I went in and it was a very new office. The average age of employees was 23. There were a lot of green, bushy-tailed recent college grads with trendy "business attire" (read: Forever 21) and stiletto heels. The interview was not longer than 10 minutes, and as soon as we sat down I was told this would be a very quick interview. I was asked about my degree, why I liked Philadelphia, why I moved to Philadelphia, and the interviewer ran through my application form like a checklist, not really wanting to get any information about my skills or prior experience. The interview ended and I was asked to come in for two and a half hours the following morning to go over what the business is like "and then talk money." After reading another review on here, I decided to skip the second interview and not pursue a sales job with this company. Do not be mistaken: This is not an entry-level management job. This is a sales job going from business to business selling perfume and other products "at 85% off if they buy on the spot, which is a lot of free!" (direct quote from the interviewer). You are told in the interview you will do "direct marketing" and simultaneously be cross-trained for other positions, and trained to be management so that you can "be handed your own business" (RED FLAG). I was told there were 40+ offices, yet, one look at the company website shows ONE location only, and no links to sister companies under other names. If it sounds like a scam and looks like a scam, it's a scam. Do this only if you a desperate for a commission-based sales job. Otherwise, maintain your dignity.

Interview Questions

• Does any of this scare you?   1 Answer

Marketing Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a 15 minute interview that consisted of going over your background and a detailed explanation on what they do. It's basically door-to-door marketing to sell products from their current clients. After that, they set you up for a day of shadowing to follow one of the marketing representatives and see if it is a good fit for you.

Entry Level Marketing/Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capstone Management (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First I walk into an office that looked as if they had just moved in hours before it had been completely bare, there was a pleasant secretary who had directed me to fill out some standard paperwork so the hiring manager can review it for employment. After waiting amongst five other candidates my name was called and I sat down with the interviewer. She had asked me some basic questions about my background and what I had been looking to do. She then began to explain the position but only very vaguely, but make no mistake this is a DOOR to DOOR sales job! They sell makeup and TV packages to small businesses who probably don't need them in the first place, she literally asked me if I could start working this week which is a HUGE red flag because no legitimate company would hire someone simply based off of a 5 minute interview. They claim it's not 100 percent commission but when I asked about the salary details she danced around the question. If you are a recent college graduate please avoid this place at all cost! It would be an insult to yourself to accept this job it doesn't require a degree or even a high school diploma! As long as you have a voice you could do this job because all you will be doing is walking from door to door selling products and services!

Interview Questions

• What kind of marketing do you wish to be involved in?   1 Answer

Because it is a just about 100 percent commission door to door sales job.