Capstone Management Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2

"Capstone Management Review"

Leader & Marketing Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Capstone Management

Pros

The company owner, Stephanie, creates an environment of support, motivation and opportunity for anyone of any background to succeed as long as they do their part.

Cons

False, negative online reviews. Educating the staff and public more about the posts and why they were written along with more good press would help the brand image

Advice to Management

implement a stronger inhouse marketing strategy

Capstone Management2016-04-05
  2. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capstone Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quinn is gone I am looking to make a change

Cons

Put way to much work on managers. Not a good work and home life balance No vision and poor dental coverage

Advice to Management

Need a facelift from top to botttom Start respecting onsite employees

Capstone Management2018-08-14
  3. "review"

Current Employee - Desk Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Capstone Management part-time for less than a year

Pros

great environment to work in

Cons

there are no cons with this company

Capstone Management2018-03-29
  4. "Good managment"

I worked at Capstone Management part-time

Pros

Positive and helpful management; nice co workers

Cons

Not flexible with students, interns

Capstone Management2017-09-25

"Rep"

I worked at Capstone Management

Pros

Let's be real this is a job where you sell makeup and your goal is to make 150 in profit or you don't move up in the program. It's not hard at all if your good at selling. It's really more than selling its a job where you work really hard and earn your day based on how you perform and think. If your negative and don't want to work then you won't work it's that simple if you are positive and want to work you will work and get results. Get the idea? You don't have to be the best seller in the business. If you cannot train others the same then you won't get far. It's a risk type of job you go all in or your all the way out. You control your paycheck and you have opportunities to bonus.

Cons

Low standards compared to what's expected, no professional office structure. Leaders complain about paying for gas and tolls & no reimbursement. The hours seem to be very long 8-7 at times longer. It starts off as fun for the first few week and then then it becomes a job your working all hours and your busting your butt to make money and then you start to not make money because your over worked. It starts feeling like a job and takes a toll on you taking the fun out of what you signed up for.

Advice to Management

The job posts are very vague honestly Anyone looking for a real opportunity will go to another marketing company offering the same concept if your not honest in what your looking for and offer. Fancy words that cover up the truth will not give you respect nor results.The bad reviews don't help being sensitive and not addressing issues. It's a good thing to learn on what you should be working on. Retrain for the leaders who are constantly preaching on being positive but making negative comments. There NEEDS to be training on recruiting and on hiring. More people = excitement! Lastly encourage more reviews good and bad it builds character for business. It's better to be improving and working on impressions you leave people towards your company then to disregard how people feel who have had an experience working for you.

Capstone Management2016-07-14

"Scam!!"

I worked at Capstone Management full-time

Pros

None! Recent college grads with a degree in PR or marketing this is not what your looking for .They fluff the job description online to get you excited but it's all a pyramid scheme.

Cons

They tell you about how you can become a manager in 4 weeks and can start earning great money but all the "leaders" share an apartment and slept on blow up mattresses ...even the president ! Doesn't sound like much financial freedom to me

Advice to Management

I can't believe this is legal ! The hours, The soliciting on parking lots /stores. You guys had me fooled for a while but I'm glad i came to my senses

Capstone Management2016-06-15
  7. "Only work here if desperate"

Former Employee - Account Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Capstone Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people here are really nice and have a lot of potential. Theoretically you could make $500 + a week.

Cons

Advertised this job as PR, which is not the case. It's a pyramid scheme you sell dollar store makeup to people on the street for $20. You work with "leaders" who fill you with confidence till you don't do well. They will only get promoted if you over reach your goal 3 days in a row and will make you feel guilty if you don't hit it or have a sick day. The lead manager was very professional but all the ladies underneath her need to step it up. High turnover rate I was there for 3 months and 15 people came and went. They tend to work in rough neighborhoods while carrying $200+ worth of makeup on you that they will make you pay for if stolen (which I was told happened quite a few times) Also, as someone here already pointed out all the managers who moved here brag about how much money they make and how if you don't have goals or nice things they think you're less then..... When they all live in the same 2 bedroom apartment sleeping on air mattresses... So I doubt they make as much as they said.

Advice to Management

Don't try and sell this job by belittling people who work 9-5 jobs you're no better than anyone else. Don't lie online about what this is, if you're proud of what you do then you should be able to sell it without lying during the interview process.

Capstone Management2016-06-24

"Sales associate"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Capstone Management

Pros

Nice management team that shows you have to be an effective salesman. Daily meetings where you improve your sales technique and have many mentors to learn from.

Cons

Door to door sales where you have to reach certain amount of sales bi-weekly. Long hours and a lot of walking daily, with no compensation for gas or travel.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with what you do and be honest on your advertisements on job boards. Interviews could also be improved.

Capstone Management2016-06-01

"no Title"

in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Capstone Management

Pros

meet a lot of people

Cons

the down sides to this company is that they lie and con you! upon hiring you they say they're going to give you a guaranteed rate of pay for two weeks. mine was 500 dollars. to my dismay I've never seen it. the ask that you drive all over and don't pay for gas. during your time there you spend like three hours listening to them teach you bull crap . short story you sell half *** makeup out of bags and only make 6-8 bucks off each one.

Advice to Management

tell the truth

Capstone Management2016-05-31

"Overall"

I have been working at Capstone Management full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in. Love the people and the values they represent. If you really want to travel on the right path to build your own business, consider Capstone!

Cons

Work life balance is challenging, but is only sacrificed in the short term.

Capstone Management2016-03-04