Cardiff University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cardiff University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.2

Interview

The interview was at the office. I was asked some basic questions about work ethic, motivation, team work. Relaxed environment, the whole process only last about 30 minutes or so.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

First I applied via an online application form which meant answering specific questions based on the role. The interview was held over a whole day and consisted of 1 test, 1 informal interview and a formal interview panel based. The informal interview lasted 30 minutes and was based on competency based questions.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cardiff University.

Interview

I was required to prepare a presentation to demonstrate what you know and why you suitable for this job. the presentation at most 15 minutes long. It was a panel group of people. very nice people and help you to answer questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

5 questions on the competencies plus a telephone interview beforehand that asked about skills. The application form had to be exact with evidence of each of the key skills they wanted. I also had to give examples of things I had done to prove that I had the skills from my previous jobs and volunteering experience. I had to make sure my linked in profile was up to date as they stalked me on linked in before I started.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

A one to one chat with one of the organisers of the Open Day, it was informal and over quickly. The main reason was to check what kind of role would suit me and whether I would be a good representative of the University.

Venues Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

One interview, it was taken by two people, I had a man and a woman. It lasted about 10 minutes and I was asked a range of questions about myself and the job.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cardiff University in December 2013.

Interview

The entire procedure tooks 3 month. I applied online via cardiff university website and get an invitation for the job interview 2 month later. It was a face to face interview (travel expense refund) with no special hard questions. My powerpoint presentation was a plus.

Interview Questions

• classic questions (future plan in 10 years, skills you can add to the current team)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negociation phase

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardiff University.

Interview

One to one interview with project license holder.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open to negotiation.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I didn't have a formal interview as such. I was called into the managers office for a brief chat about the various responsibilities, then the manager asked if I felt I could do the job. She would review me work after a week or so. I had to meet her again a few days later to confirm things.

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online to a Research Associate position for an EPRSC project (a research funding agency from the UK). A few weeks after the closing date, I received an invitation for an Skype interview with a panel of three people.

The interview was nice, mostly a background check and questions about how would I solve some of the technical problems that could arise during the project

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation (salary was fixed) except regarding the starting date (I was able to delay it by 1 month)