Carilion Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carilion Clinic Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview

Applied online. Met with the manager and educator. They asked me to explain my background and experience and then proceeded with interview questions. These questions were all based on scenarios and previous experiences I havie had and how I dealt with conflict etc. There were not any knowledge based questions. After I was hired I was required to complete some tests that proved my competency in areas, if I hadn't passed any of the sections I would've been assigned additional learning modules.

Interview Questions

• Situation based. "Tell me about a time..." " give me an example of situation where there was conflict"   Answer Question

Medical Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Interview was probably one of the interviews I've had. Very lighthearted in nature, I love these type and if you are a "personable, and relational person" then you shouldn't have any issues. I felt like I was talking a bit too much in the interview as I've had a lot of great experience working with a multitude of companies with different business backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• the normal job questions such as (Give me a time when "________"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Clinical Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

They give you the typical questions in an interview.
    They also asked your aspirations with the company.
    They asked if you are interested in continuing education.
    They also ask why should I select you for this position.

Care Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview

Brief, informal in-person interview. Standard questions about personal strengths/weaknesses, past resolution process for difficult/challenging work-related situations. Interviewing staff seemed nervous and unsure about what they wanted to ask me and appeared to be "off the cuff" and not at all prepared. This is concerning because each interviewee should be asked the same questions for equality and comparison of overall scoring.

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview because I was moving long distance to the area. Met with supervisor on a Saturday because of inclement weather. Great experience! She made sure we didn't drive over 5 hours and go home without seeing her.

Interview Questions

• Open ended, behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Called for Interview, director pleasant, informed they needed two rn's, then received a letter stating they weren't hiring anyone. This director was more laid back, basically informed me about the unit, what they did. Myself and several people feel Carilion does not value their employees. They have nothing to retain employees, There is no matching 401k/403b. Salary is low compared to surrounding hospitals.

Director Sales and Marketing Interview

Interview

3 interviews. Very nice people. Medium difficulty of interview. Panel interview after phone interview. Then a second panel interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. You can find most of the interview questions on various interview preparedness websites. They do make you feel comfortable during the interview process.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Christiansburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interviews with several people reading preprinted questions. Not stressful. Calm atmosphere. They take time to answer your questions. Make sure you have some. Dress well. Think of scenarios that can fit multiple questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions ask you to describe a time...   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks from application submission to HR contacting me to schedule an interview. The actual interview was about two and a half hours in length with the first portion with the the department manager (behavioral/technical background) followed by a session with the team that I would be working with (purely technical interview). It was a good experience and the interviewers made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something positive your current manager might say about you and something negative they might say about you.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

HR called to set up an interview. The initial interview was canceled and rescheduled due to inclement weather. The interview was performed by two RN managers. They had a packet with questions to ask and fill in the answers. The interview took about 45min. They described what it was like on an average day and asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled a situation where you had multiple things to do at one time?
      What would you say is one of your strengths and weaknesses?
      What kind of experience do you have as a nurse that would be beneficial for this job?
      How have you handled a conflict with a coworker in the past?
      Answer Question