Carilion Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse, BSN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

The process took about two months, I applied from out of state. I was called for an over the phone interview then some weeks after I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with one person for my interview. It was a RN1 position, I was mostly asked behavioural questions. I was called back 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you were part of a team. What was your role and how did you contribute.   Answer Question
    • How do you get through stressful times at work   Answer Question
    • list three leadership qualities and how you have utilized them   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you make it better?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

They ask the typical interview questions in a group format with the hiring managers present. Brush up on the cliche interview questions and don't blurt out anything unprofessional and you're good.

Interview Questions

• None. Just practice "what is your biggest weakness" and "what is your greatest strength" answers. Google common interview questions and practice the answers to those.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They get aggressive when it comes to pay, so decide what you're willing to accept as compensation before you go into the interview and stick to it. They're going to do this in two ways 1.) they will try to get you to come down from your amount 2.) if you don't come down they will say it's out of their hands and the amount is decided by the human resources department based on experience and education. Just stay firm and if they don't match what you require politely decline.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a job fair, they had multiple stations offer different positions, they had interviews, drug screenings, applications. They had gifts at the end of the interviews, they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in nursing?   1 Answer

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Set up interview with HR rep who was very helpful and pleasant. Did a group interview with 2 other ladies. We all took turns answering the same questions. Interviewer was extremely nice and didn't try to be intimidating - the interview was very conversational.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Panel interview, everyone was friendly, they all went around the table and asked questions for about an hour. The panel included several managers and several current analysts. It was in a conference room. It was pretty comfortable.

Interview Questions

• To describe how you handle stress, to describe a time when you didn't agree with managements decision, to describe a complex project you had worked on and the outcome.   Answer Question

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was invited to come in for an in-person review. I was treated very well and the experience was good overall. I felt right at home with the people interviewing me and wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe that you bring to the position that sets you apart from others that have applied?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was interview by lady I was taking place of. We talked about daily living and how we knew each other. We found out that I was the medic at the time of her child's demise.

Interview Questions

• We talked about general life and her deceased son. I was the medic that responded at that time.   Answer Question

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview because I was moving long distance to the area. Met with supervisor on a Saturday because of inclement weather. Great experience! She made sure we didn't drive over 5 hours and go home without seeing her.

Interview Questions

• Open ended, behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Easy process and good people

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Called for Interview, director pleasant, informed they needed two rn's, then received a letter stating they weren't hiring anyone. This director was more laid back, basically informed me about the unit, what they did. Myself and several people feel Carilion does not value their employees. They have nothing to retain employees, There is no matching 401k/403b. Salary is low compared to surrounding hospitals.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carilion Clinic (Christiansburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interviews with several people reading preprinted questions. Not stressful. Calm atmosphere. They take time to answer your questions. Make sure you have some. Dress well. Think of scenarios that can fit multiple questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions ask you to describe a time...   1 Answer