Carolina Handling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Carolina Handling

2.9

Junior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carolina Handling (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview went well. The interviewer was nice and just asked situational questions and questions about my background. She moved me on to the next phase where I met with a manager. The manager at the location was rude. No call or email after the interview. It's been 3 months, so point taken

Truck Driver Interview

Interview

No real interview to speak of. Filled out the online app & received an email about 48 hours later. Email said they were interested in speaking to me about my experience and wanted to know a good time to reach me by phone. I responded to the email...twice....never got a phone call back or a return email.

Interview Questions

• When was the best time to reach my by phone?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carolina Handling (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was contacted on a job board by Sierra. We spoke about my background and she invited me for an in person interview. The first interview was with her and the A/T Supervisor. After that the second interview I got invited to was with controller and supervisor and Sierra. The process did take a while and I wish I would’ve gotten notified earlier that I wouldn’t get the position but the response turnaround was amazing. I felt I was too positive and they didn’t believe that I really met goals every month.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time with conflict   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you did not receive the KPI performance you wanted and explain how you did   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carolina Handling (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Had multiple interviews with multiple managers. Had to take a questionnaire and test. Worst interview process ever. After traveling for each interview they would go weeks without contact, even after I followed up. After my last interview I followed up multiple times and did not receive any news. Do not work for this company. They are outdated and slow moving. I asked some basic questions during my interview and they could not answer them. Avoid at all cost.

Rental Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piedmont, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carolina Handling (Piedmont, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

Personality test, aptitude test, then 7 interviews with different people each time...they rely heavily on the results of the personality test so if you don't look good on paper, good luck getting into the company.

Interview Questions

• The basics with lower level HR and management. (tell me about yourself, strengths, weakness, goals, etc)
      With the upper level management it was more about experiences and examples, lessons learned, specific goals, etc)   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wendell, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carolina Handling (Wendell, NC).

Interview

Filled out application online and did a quick mechanical aptitude test. Received call for phone interview. Phone interview was friendly. Recruiter had a lot of knowledge of position and company. Took a basic skills test and Electrical, Mechanical, and hydraulic aptitude test. Recieved another call for in person interview. Interview went very good. Panel asked very good questions and enviroment was friendly. Very excited to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should hire you?   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carolina Handling.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone and took online tests. Then came the interview with supervisors. All went fairly well and I was told that they were interested in having me, but I had to wait for an open position. A month later I contacted them and they said they haven't forgotten about me and still wanted me as an employee and then waited another month before hearing the same. One month later they won't return my calls or emails. 5+ months of leading me on. Very unprofessional...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carolina Handling (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. The interviewer opened up with a standard 'getting to know you' question before it turned negative. She kept on asking me why I am leaving my current job. And then she would rephrase the question and ask again. And she'd ask how I felt about my current job. Almost nothing about the interview dealt with the job. Instead, she just seemed solely interested about why I'd leave my job now. Why not ask me what makes me so interested in Carolina Handling? What a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carolina Handling.

Interview

You have to pass a phone interview, then go into the office and interview with a recruiter and take 2 tests and leave. If you pass the tests, you go back in and interview. After being told I had the job, I got called back to be interviewed by someone else. Management changes their mind on who can make the final call all the time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The supervisor was apologetic about the pay of $15 a hour, but I was able to get him to commit to a raise once I proved my value to the company. I did have to keep asking for the raise but did get it.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Carolina Handling (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Long, approx. 8 weeks, multiple phone, in person and panel interviews. They started with phone screens and then you move on to 1:1 interviews within the sales organization and a panel interview with some of upper management and other sales officials. You are required to take a personality assessment and mechanical aptitude test in order to qualify for the final rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   2 Answers