Carrot Creative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carrot Creative Interview Questions

2.6

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrot Creative.

Interview

It was really unprofessional. I mean, I get that the perk of the agency is that it's not at all corporate and has a frat house vibe, but this was straight up sketchy. They asked my age, marital status, and made sexual jokes -- all of which are flat out illegal. I feel like they're "hiring" for best friends and not for talent. In fact, I wasn't once asked about my professional skills except in very general terms like "what do you think of the state of the industry." I also get the feeling that they're very arrogant. Yes, they do good work, but so do a million other agencies. I was asked back but turned down further interviews; I feel like they'd be fun, but could easily implode under their own egos and booze. They also only said the pay was in the $70k range, which for a strategist with a decade of experience is nothing. Other agencies pay $100 - $120k for the equivalent.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? Do you have a boyfriend?   1 Answer

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrot Creative (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Started off with a phone call with the Head of Strategy. Mostly just questions about me and my background. He then followed up with a case to send over to him. I had two days to complete it. Then after sending the case they decide whether or not they want you to come in to present. I was then selected to come in to present.

Interview Questions

• Presented the case to a team of three people or so. They asked a lot of good questions and were very friendly.   Answer Question

Got another offer somewhere else.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrot Creative (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the application form, basically some short "quirky" questions and a resume. I heard back within a few days from someone in HR/talent about setting up a phone screen with a strategist. The call started out with general background information but when a particular personal interest of mine came up, the interviewer asked me about the advertising campaign around it. I answered and we continued chatting. Other than that it was mostly personality and experience based general questions. The conversation went about 40 minutes. The interviewer seemed generally interested and took the conversation seriously. That was a month ago and as of now, I haven't heard anything back and assume they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• You mentioned that you like Star Wars, what did you think around the advertising around it? Did you think the big marketing push cheapened the movie? Either way, what's an example of campaign that did the opposite, good or bad?   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrot Creative (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Kind of a strange interview. They asked me my age and a lot of really random questions.

Interview Questions

• Name three competitors of our client X and compare their strategy to our clients.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrot Creative.

Interview

The best application process you'll ever experience. I won't reveal any spoilers, but make sure you know a little bit about poetry.

My interviewing experience, coming from Canada, may have been a little different than usual. I had a phone interview first, this was mostly to see if I was a good fit in the Carrot family. The second interview was through Skype, and it went a little deeper into my experience and expectations.

My word of advice is to be patient when waiting for a response after your interview. I received my offer about a week later (which I think was pretty quick), and it was in the form of a tweet from Mike (the CEO).

Interview Questions

• There was nothing particularly difficult or unexpected. Just be yourself, and if you're a good fit personality, experience, and skill-wise then you'll be fine. Have fun!   Answer Question

Negotiation

My negotiation phase was a little complicated because I was coming from out of the country. I had to spend almost a month trying to figure out the visa and all that fun stuff. Definitely worth it in the end!

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrot Creative.

Interview

I had the phone with HR person. She asked me some generic questions about my digital knowledge and 1-2 questions about what do I like to do outside of the work. It's difficult to answer the questions over the phone conversation. She started talking about how important the culture fit is. Everyone at the company is super and cool. it's like if you want to get into the cool group, you have to be so and so. mehh

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carrot Creative (New York, NY).

Interview

The website has some fun little tests which you must pass to be deemed 'creative'. 3 tasks include creating a drawing, writing a haiku and arranging some digital fridge magnets - just so you can submit your resume. Good luck remembering how to write a haiku...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They're pretty tough with salaries, but if they want you, they;ll pay for you.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrot Creative (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Did both a phone and in-person interview - they seemed to go well. I enjoyed being introduced to all the team members. I did not get an offer but the team interviewing me was warm and nice to meet.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Why I'm leaving my current job, why I want to join the team, how I deal with stressful situations. etc   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Carrot Creative in June 2016.

Interview

Basic job questions, followed by a super cool, hyper intensive personality quiz. If they're satisfied with your results, next is an e-mail requesting to hop on the phone for a "culture screening". Pass that and next is a formal interview with relevant team members and capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about (insert brand type here)? Would that kind of work interest you?   Answer Question
    • If you could choose right now, what would you say are your three dream accounts?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Interview

It was a take home test with four different sections. One section asks about your time management abilities. One asks about your crisis management abilities. One asks about your community engagement abilities. Finally, one asks about your creative abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to come up with an idea for how to improve Chipotle's PR.   Answer Question