Carrot Creative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carrot Creative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.6

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrot Creative.

Interview

A junior recruiter reached out via an automated email to set up a phone interview. After a week and having to follow up to confirm a time for the call the recruiter was unresponsive. After reading other reviews it seemed that this company had a pattern of slow responses.

Engagement Manager Interview

Interview

It was a take home test with four different sections. One section asks about your time management abilities. One asks about your crisis management abilities. One asks about your community engagement abilities. Finally, one asks about your creative abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to come up with an idea for how to improve Chipotle's PR.   Answer Question

Summer Engagement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrot Creative in April 2017.

Interview

The vibe was very casual and has held over Google Hangouts. It took about 2 weeks to set up from the initial invitation though since they had to coordinate with the recruiter. At the end she said to expect and email within the week but after two follow-up emails, I've gotten no response. There was no more contact beyond the interview and the start date of the internship even though I would expect some sort of notification regardless of an offer or not.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrot Creative in September 2016.

Interview

I briefly spoke with a recruiter via email, and all seemed fine, until I had the phone interview with this person. She was a former employee of the company I was currently employed by and began comparing my position to colleagues of mine, then saying I was too junior for the position I was interviewing for and should look for other jobs that may be entry level. Why would she ask for an interview then tell me I was too junior? She didn't even ask about my experience. I told her right away this wasn't the right position for me if people like her were in charge of making any decisions and she told me to only apply for jobs that are entry level. I've never had such an unprofessional interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you do what "name here" does? Or what "so and so" does?   Answer Question

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrot Creative.

Interview

I had the phone with HR person. She asked me some generic questions about my digital knowledge and 1-2 questions about what do I like to do outside of the work. It's difficult to answer the questions over the phone conversation. She started talking about how important the culture fit is. Everyone at the company is super and cool. it's like if you want to get into the cool group, you have to be so and so. mehh

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrot Creative (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

In person interview was scheduled after the recruiter reached out. I met with the director of the production department as well as the studio producer and several production coordinators. Later they gave me a tour of the production department and introduced me to everyone.

Interview went very well. After following up several times (including with the recruiter) I never heard anything. I continued to follow up, still nothing. I met a girl recently who happened to be applying for the same role. She thought it went very well and she too never heard back from them. Radio silence.

Very unprofessional way to run a business. Inconsiderate and rude.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions- explain your experience, why Carrot, etc.   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Carrot Creative in June 2016.

Interview

Basic job questions, followed by a super cool, hyper intensive personality quiz. If they're satisfied with your results, next is an e-mail requesting to hop on the phone for a "culture screening". Pass that and next is a formal interview with relevant team members and capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about (insert brand type here)? Would that kind of work interest you?   Answer Question
    • If you could choose right now, what would you say are your three dream accounts?   Answer Question

Associate Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carrot Creative.

Interview

The online application is super fun and creative (no resume or cover letter!). I received an email from HR about a week after submitting the application online in order to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was 1:1 and lasted about 30 minutes and was conducted by a department head (no HR). The question were easy and intended to get a feel for whether I could be a good fit for the job. I got the opportunity to learn more about the position.

About 2 weeks later I was contacted by HR to schedule a full interview. Because I wasn't living in the NY area yet the interview was to be conducted remotely through Skype. HR gave me a list of names of 6 people I would be meeting. However they failed to mention that I would be meeting with each of those individuals 1:1 for 30 minute periods, resulting in a 3 hour marathon interview.

This particular point is why I marked the interview as neutral and not positive. I ended up repeating the same information 6 times and hearing a lot of the same information over again from the interviewers.

Overall this company is very big on culture and cultural fit. They care a lot about what makes you special beyond your professional experience. As I've learned to do at interviews, I tried to relate my personal interests and hobbies back to how it would contribute to my success in the position but they specifically asked me to focus on things that were unrelated to the job. So be prepared to say something interesting about yourself that does not relate to the position you are applying to.

A few days after the interview I received an email saying I wasn't the right fit for the position, to which the feeling was mutual so no hard feelings there.

Interview Questions

• What makes you special? What are your hobbies and interests (beyond professional)?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrot Creative.

Interview

I applied online through a series of haikus and drawings. A few weeks later I received an email from their HR team to set up a phone call. From the moment the call began, the gentleman was very salty, unprofessional and at best cantankerous.
    He wasnt interested in discussing my experience or the open role, but rather quizzing me on random technologies.

Interview Questions

• Don't be prepared as this was totally random!   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrot Creative (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the application form, basically some short "quirky" questions and a resume. I heard back within a few days from someone in HR/talent about setting up a phone screen with a strategist. The call started out with general background information but when a particular personal interest of mine came up, the interviewer asked me about the advertising campaign around it. I answered and we continued chatting. Other than that it was mostly personality and experience based general questions. The conversation went about 40 minutes. The interviewer seemed generally interested and took the conversation seriously. That was a month ago and as of now, I haven't heard anything back and assume they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• You mentioned that you like Star Wars, what did you think around the advertising around it? Did you think the big marketing push cheapened the movie? Either way, what's an example of campaign that did the opposite, good or bad?   1 Answer