Cartoon Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (Burbank, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was really easy. About a month after I initially applied online I got an interview through Hirevue, where I didn't speak with anyone in person but they gave me questions to answer and I recorded them. It was quick and not very stressful at all. I'm still waiting to hear back so that's why I'm going to say "didn't get an offer" but I'm hoping that won't be the case and that I'll advance to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job, what shows are you watching lately, why I want the job   Answer Question

Comedy Animation Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (Burbank, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent in my cover letter and resume online and after 4 weeks, I was emailed by an HR representative asking to do an online interview using HireVue! HireVue is an automated interview program where the computer gives you a question, you get 30 seconds to prepare your answer, and then you have one minute to record it. You get three tries per question to record. This was kind of nerve-wracking because there's no people there to talk to, it's just you and the computer. It's kind of a skype-type layout where the video of you is in the bottom right corner and the question is in the upper right corner, but Cartoon Network was super sweet and put gifs in the center for me to talk to! For example, one of the questions had a gif of Jake from Adventure Time there which is one of my favorite cartoons. They really tried to make sure the interview was as relaxed as possible. Two weeks after submitting my HireVue interview, I was contacted by a producer at the studio asking for a Skype interview (as I don't live in LA). That interview took place one week later with three producers. It was so relaxed and sweet, it felt like I was talking to friends. They asked me about my artistic influences, favorite shows, and a lot of things from my resume/cover letter and my assets to a team. Definitely review your cover letter and resume, there were a few behavioral questions but most was grounded in the resume. Be sure to ask the producers questions too, they leave a good portion of time at the end for you to ask them stuff. A couple days later I was called by an HR representative with the job offer!

Interview Questions

• hirevue questions:
      describe yourself
      describe your dream job
      what's your favorite animated movie
      what's your favorite cartoon network product
      what shows are you streaming
      a fun fact that sets you apart
      can you use [insert software here, like adobe or toonboom]
      why did you pick this internship/what do you want to learn from it
      what's your proudest achievement in work
      what has been your favorite job and why
      any last things we should know? (this was an essay question)
      skype interview questions:
      what do you bring to a team?
      tell us about a time there was a conflict and how you resolved it
      tell us about yourself
      what are your artistic influences?
      what are your favorite shows?   Answer Question

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Was invited to participate in a virtual interview. A few days after that, I was called in for a face to face interview with 3 of the team members. Though I was not selected, I would definitely apply to other positions here.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (Burbank, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through two phases. One was a pre-recorded interview, where you would record yourself after each pre-recorded question. The second interview was a group interview with the crew (the producer, the PM, the storyboard scanner, and the two PC's) and myself over skype. The questions were not scary and ranged from your favorite CN products/shows/interest to describe how you overcame a challenge in your experience and working with team members. During the group interview they basically went down my resume and also asked questions about myself and what I would be doing. They loved hearing that I had former production experience and managing a team. Prepare some questions to ask them!

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced while you were a producer on a short film (referencing experience on resume) and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite Tv shows.   Answer Question

Storyboard Revisionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a storyboard test from the producer of the show. Took it and they called me about a week later and told me the storyboard position has been taken but they have a storyboard revisionist position opened and offered me the job and told me my salary.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • (Salary amount) does that sound good?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through online after a few weeks, I got contacted through email and then a phone interview asking about your interest and why intern there then video interview asking few questions about yourself and then you sent it over after completion

Talent/Casting Interview

Interview

Casual, very nice interview. The woman asked me some personal questions (tell me about your school, what are you involved in, and so forth) as well as professional ("tell me a time when..."). I got the call within two weeks that I would be interning with Cartoon Network for $8/hr, which was the first paid internship I had. Overall great experience

Interview Questions

• "Did/do you watch Cartoon Network?" Be ready to name drop some shows, either current or past   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email and set up a phone interview. The Interview was simple and not too nerve racking. Interviewer made sure to make it more conversational opposed to ONLY Q&A. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of typical behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • What is your dream job?   3 Answers

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (Burbank, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Short meeting with creators and producer, then a start date. That was it. It was simple, "Are you available, and here is the offer." Since I worked in the studio in the past, and knew a lot of people, the process was very simple for me. Others would need a portfolio review and a bit more of an interview, I am sure.

Production Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cartoon Network (Burbank, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Be sure to write a solid cover letter and resume. Thats probably the most difficult part of the process.

I had 3 interviewers and we were all inside of an office. I walked out a little shocked at how easy it all was, it really didn't feel like an interview. In the past I have interviewed with WB and that interview was very tense and they were asking me typical interview questions like "whats your greatest weakness?" This didn't have any questions like that, within a few minutes it just felt like we were just a bunch of friends hanging out joking around. The first 10 minutes they asked questions about what I was interested in school and some of my hobbies. After that I spent another 20 minutes asking them questions about what it was like working there. You interview with the producer of the show they assign you to, so your experience could be different. My producers were SUPER nice and nobody was stressed out at all, it just made for a really calming environment.

Some quick tips i forgot to mention:
    Know your schedule/ what days you are free to work
    Be professional
    You can park at public parking garages nearby in the downtown burbank area and walk over
    Show your excitement to be there!

If you get an interview try not to stress out about too much, be sure to ask questions, and good luck!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. An example of a question would be "What are you watching on tv?" Turns out we were watching the same show and we nerded out about it.

Expect questions based off your resume and cover letter   Answer Question