Cartoon Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Stuart C. Snyder

"Cartoon Network Interning"

Former Employee - Intern in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Burbank, CA

Pros

The work environment made coming in ten times more exciting, they make the office more enjoyable for everyone to be in with the decorations and kitchen situations on every floor.

Cons

There are none! I enjoyed everything about Cartoon Network and their intern program.

Advice to Management

Continue to take in interns from different schools in Southern California it was a life changing experience

2. "Current employee"

Pros

The people who work here are incredible and wonderful!

Cons

Getting a raise or promotion is very difficult, regardless of your qualifications or experience.

3. "Cartoon Network"

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great people, and solid benefits make working there a blast! Most people stay within the company a long time.

Cons

What's great about CN is the independent vibe but sometimes it can feel too corporate. Would be nice to have more of a studio feeling throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Be kind to your artists, they are the lifeblood of the company. Give them the support they need because it will usually be worth the effort.

"Great to work for, treat you well, but some growing pains in gaming."

Current Employee - Video Game Producer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Video Game Producer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cartoon Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very family oriented work place.
    Little crunch.
    Get to work with a great team.
    Benefits are solid.
    Very open management culture.
    Company events like movies and field day.

Cons

Too many cooks on the projects.
    Games are not marketed well it at all. Lack understanding of our game audience.
    Traffic to work can be awful at times.

6. "Good company"

Pros

Great place to work. Decent benefits. Rewarding experience.

Cons

Work-life balance can be tricky depending on your manager.

7. "Was great once... but now a study in management run amok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cartoon Network (More than 8 years)

Pros

Creative environment. Passionate people. Nice campus.

Cons

Top heavy. Czar-like mentality. Does not value contributions of "below VP" level. New CMO with little experience.

8. "Senior Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cartoon Network (Less than a year)

Pros

fun culture, good work/life balance, creative atmosphere,

Cons

limited ability to move up
    lower pay

"Fun, relaxed place to work!"

Former Employee - User Experience Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - User Experience Architect in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cartoon Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the best I've ever met in the industry. Sharp as tacks, warm and friendly, supportive, and always improving themselves, you will be blown away every day by the talent of the people you work with!

Work/life balance is the best I've ever seen. They are very cool about life emergencies coming up, let you work from home if you need to watch/pickup your kids, your car is in the shop, or the weather is bad. It's a really great place to work if you have kids or are hoping to. They even have "summer fridays" where you get out at 3pm on fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day! A big vacation days budget as well and you don't feel like a project will fall apart if you take vacation. They also have generous maternity and paternity leave & great benefits.

People in supervisor positions are wonderful. I haven't seen a single bad boss while there. They are all very kind, supportive, they help you improve instead of ordering you to, they're always on the pulse of something new and eager to discuss it with you, and they appreciate you when you do work hard. They have definitely had to tell me to relax and take it easy because I was working too hard, instead of demanding more out of me after I had been giving my all. When you have a problem, they listen and do their best to solve it for you.

They pay well, you get bonuses and a raise based on your performance review, and if you work hard you will be scored highly. It's also very women-friendly!

I'm sure I will think of more good things later, but overall I definitely recommend working here!

Cons

People don't leave, so moving upward or laterally is rare. They know how to strongly support the shows, but not many other kinds of products.

Working at the office in Atlanta means you don't work on content. You will work WITH people who make content off-site, and you help direct a lot of content, but people in this office generally don't CREATE the content. It's too bad, because the people working in the office are really talented!

Timelines, budgets, and the external vendors are often what hinder the quality of products that are put out rather than the talent of the people working in the office. Usually in the office you have little control over how a product comes out, it's all up to the quality of your vendor, the budget their given, and the time they are given.

It's very office-y. There's no dress code per se but most people dress in business casual. This may be a plus, but coming from game development where everyone wears a t-shirt and jeans it was a little disconcerting for me.

Advice to Management

Keep your supervisors and employees, they're all great!

Try and get some small projects going in the office. Even creating some minor content would be good. There's so many talented people working there, it's a shame that they aren't creating content!

As far as out-of-office projects, I'm not a business person, but maybe bigger budgets on fewer projects with longer timelines and using only the best vendors would bump the quality of our products up. Could still release smaller projects made by the internal staff.

Also, maybe add a marketing expert for the other products CN makes besides shows.

"Simply the BEST!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Cartoon Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Simply the best place I have ever worked in my 37 year career. Great creative environment, respect for your skills, good schedules, good pay, lots of perks like barbecues and food treats, great location.

Cons

Umm...maybe have more Diet Cokes in the fridge? I honestly can't think of any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

11. "Glad to Have Been a Part of the Team!"

Former Employee - Q&A Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Q&A Intern in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great team, casual work environment, opportunity to work with video games, reasonable deadlines and expectations for work.

Cons

Security within the Turner complexes can be difficult at times, mild to moderate opportunities for advancement. Work can become repetitive at times.