Cascades Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.5

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cascades (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

First did a telephone interview which went well enough that i was invited to the plant for a face to face interview. In my company research I knew this was a French Canadian owned company and the french would be a little more difficult to deal with. The plant is in the worst part of town so entering that area I would be very cautious. The plant is an old 50s era style papermill that;s been negliated . I toured the plant which was a mess with very little to no safety standards (no respirators, hearing protection etc). Everything was done by relying on a handful of experience people who knew knowledge equals power and one of my jobs would be to extract that knowledge and distribute it out to others. I knew it was a tall order but where it came to decision was if the company was going to let me fix the problems or just put a band aid on it..I sensed the latter and told them to continue interviewing other candiates

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. The big question was how happy would you be depending upon what they let me fix?   1 Answer

Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cascades (Eau Claire, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

? comments attendewnce background job avaibilty. emailled resume then did online test then called back to go into a center to do another online test then phone call interview then called back to do live interview now i have to go do a 5 panel interview then i assume they make there finnal decstion

Interview Questions

• how long will you work for the company   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cascades in April 2014.

Interview

The process was very easy after the initial call. Took about a month to hear back from them after submitting my Resume. Went in for in person interview with HR for one on one interview, and very same day went to meet maintenance managers of both plants. Got hired very next day.

Interview Questions

• How will your courses at your university help cascades manufacturing process.   1 Answer

R&D Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cascades (Waterford, NY).

Interview

In 2004 Cascades was a small company. There was no standard hiring practice. They used a head hunter to get my resume and I was interviewed over the phone, and the next interview was at one of their site locations. The interviewer picked a location because of other business activities he needed to do. The interview was very standard. There was no test.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Drummondville, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cascades (Drummondville, QC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 2 weeks later. A Human Resource Agent has called me to schedule a phone interview the next day. Most of the time, they are ladies and very kind. Once the phone interview has finished, you just have to wait for a week, if you don't receive a call then you are not selected.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a specific experience you had on data analysis?   Answer Question

SAP Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cascades (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Through a recruiter, then direct, exactly the questions you expect, although it took 2 weeks for the overall process to go through, which was stressful since this is an amazing job environment, exactly what I had wanted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you came across a difficult person or situation and how did you resolve/handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, recruiter handled.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cascades (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview. It took place in a Tim Hortons by a the hiring manager who wore jeans and went to the wrong Tim Hortons to begin with. She made no apologies and insisted that I came to the wrong location until I pointed out that the one she referenced (across the street) was a drive through only stuck on to the side of gas station convenience sotre.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cascades in March 2016.

Interview

Very laid back, instantly felt the family environment. Department and HR director present. Went over my CV and asked questions about my past experience. No pre-made questions like in other positions I've interviews for where they fill in a document while you answer.

R&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cascades (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

there were three persons: Human Ressources, and two R&D chemists. we went through my professional experience; live simulation exercise; benefits to the company; psychometric tests. tour of the company was also included. discussion about my salary expectations

Interview Questions

• what more can you offer the company?   1 Answer

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cascades.

Interview

2 interviews

Interview Questions

• "I know that people that come from certain backgrounds are discouraged from pursuing their careers and instead asked to put family matters first. What are your thoughts on that?" The VP was referring to my non-caucasian background...   1 Answer