Catapult Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Catapult Marketing

2.7

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Nashville, TN).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. The first was initial "meet and greet." We talked a little about my interests and former experience. It was a positive experience and they were very flexible with my schedule. For the 2nd round of interviews, I was asked to deliver a mock case study.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a little bit about what you are doing at your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Westport, CT) in August 2012.

Interview

You'll go through 2-4 people, depending on how extensive they want to interview you. You'll likely be called in for two interviews, one to see your book and another to see your presentation/design skills

Interview Questions

• What kind of shopper marketing experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was a freelancer before I started, as a trial to see whether or not I would be a good fit for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Nashville, TN) in February 2010.

Interview

Quick to hire, slow to train or empower.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated my originally discussed salary because HR hiring manager had forgotten what she told me on our 2nd phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I first got a call from HR - totally out of the blue! Found me on LinkedIn. As I learned more about the company, I was definitely interested.
    Went in for an initial interview, and arrived to find the office in mass confusion - they were preparing for the annual Outing (where the whole office does a fun activity outside of work, usually somewhere outdoors). After a pretty long wait (trouble tracking down who I was interviewing with?), I met with 3 different people, for about 20 minutes apiece. It was great! Everyone I spoke with was so passionate and curious. They were especially excited by candidates who had a wide variety of experience and were willing to work on many different things.
    The very next day, HR called to tell me that they were interested, and I was invited for a second interview. I was also given a creative brief and asked to bring my work to present at the interview.
    The second interview lasted two hours! Not in a bad way - I was able to present, and a long conversation followed (covering my work, my experience, the industry as a whole, what they do, what they were excited about, etc). It was a great way to get to know two of the people I'd be working with/for the most often.
    Heard back the next day!

I do know that others have had more difficulty. I got a specialized brief, since my role would be different than most of the creative department. I was also at the beginning of the wave of many new hires. I've heard from coworkers that in general, the briefs are too long and ask too much, and that it takes weeks to hear something. Not my experience, but worth noting!

Interview Questions

• What's the #1 thing you can offer Catapult?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing.

Interview

15 minute phone screen with a VP. They had me walk through my resume and relate my non-marketing experience to a marketing position. Very nice! It just seems I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Met with 5 members from upper management. I met with everyone separately for about 30 minutes each. Everyone was very friendly. We went over my resume to discuss skills and qualifications and then rest of the time was really just chatting and them asking me questions to get to know my personality. All of them exemplified that skills and qualifications are just important to succeeding there as is your attitude and personality.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of what you would do to promote sales lifts for "X" cereal company, and how you would approach it in Target versus Walmart.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was simply emailed an offer letter about 2 weeks after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Weirdest. Interview. Experience. Ever.

It started out with a phone interview with a recruiter on East Coast. He was “all about” hiring me and barely asked me any questions about my experience/background and QUICKLY scheduled an in-person interview at the Minneapolis office.

I arrived at the Minneapolis office for my first interview. I met with 6 people in about an hour and a half – if you do the math, that’s 15 minutes/interview. I was SUPER rushed through all of the interviews, barely had any time to ask any questions, I wasn't really asked a lot either – it was more of me showing my portfolio and what I've done with other retail brands, but VERY QUICKLY. It was so rushed that at times it was AWKWARD.

Low and behold, after that interview, I got a call back from said recruiter saying THEY LOVED ME and they wanted me to present a shopper marketing strategy for a fake brand of cereal, Nutty Flakes, PowerPoint and all. So, I consulted with a friend who is a shopper marketing professional and she help me put together what I *thought* was a top notch strategy. I arrive for the second “interview” aka the Nutty Flakes presentation, to have about 8 people to present to (thinking there would only be 4) along with the recruiter calling in for my presentation. I delivered my strategy, handled the tough questions, spent hours putting together this presentation, researching, etc. only to find out that I didn't get the job because I didn't have enough shopper marketing experience. WHAT?! It’s not like they didn't see my resume before they interviewed me and it’s not like they didn't have any opportunity to ask me any questions. I was baffled, especially after paying $40 in parking both times, which I did NOT get reimbursed for.

If you interview here, be aware. It could be awkward and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is your shopper marketing strategy for Nutty Flakes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Westport, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with 3 people for about a half hour each. They did most of the talking and didn't really seem very interested in asking my opinion. Still everyone seemed nice enough. I never got a response from the company after following up, which I thought was rude, and the feedback from the contact I had there was (frankly) sexist and nothing about my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What's your favorite ad campaign?   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Westport, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the head of the Interactive department in a private meeting for about an hour. We went over my resume and qualifications together and talked about some of the challenges that they are facing in the company at the moment. The interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to. I felt an easy rapport with him and I liked the overall environment in the office.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as some of the biggest challenges in the digital healthcare sphere?   1 Answer

President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catapult Marketing (Westport, CT) in November 2008.

Interview

Was good. Attention from exec team, tours of facilities, introduction to systems and staff all included up front. Some folks have to do a "case study" presentation, i did not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, all through their head of HR