Cellular World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cellular World Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cellular World

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cellular World (Columbia, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

All Interviews conducted by previous company. 1st interview was by phone from corporate HR rep. Recommended to second interview which was in person. The local GMs husband was in charge of recruiting and local AM sat in for candidate review. After a series of business and personal questions, I was asked to step out to the sales floor while the two talked. After about 5 minutes I was asked to come back inside and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I approach business customers vs. regular customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay negotiation was false. I was told that the position, with my prior experience, would be an increase of almost $2000/yr. prior to commission and bonuses. My first check was a joke because they didn't deliver on the experience promises. I was told that my prior sales and management experience would be calculated and added together to form additional years so my pay would be higher than the previous job. This meant I actually lost money to take the position. In addition, I had to fight for another pay cycle just to get what experience pay I should have gotten just walking in the door. Commission and bonuses were regularly incorrect and getting reimbursed for mileage and/or regular business expenses either took forever or didn't happen.

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cellular World (Clemson, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

brought in under company change, heard there is a lot of training for not a lot compensation. company definitely requires a drug screen and background check so be prepared for that.

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cellular World (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

quick, hired after first interview
    basic sales interview: mock-sold sunglasses
    general questions: perceived strengths and weaknesses, experience, outlook, personal hobbies/activities

Interviewed by manager and assistant manager, briefly met area manager.

Relaxed environment, discussed technology. Make sure you have a basic understanding of the 3 operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows), and don't show exclusive preference. Make sure you convey that you will be feeling for what's best for the customer.

Interview Questions

• Have you researched the company at all?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cellular World (Bellevue, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

My friend referred me since I needed a quick out of college job. The next day I got an interview scheduled and I came in before they opened on a Saturday. It was about an hour and after 3 days I got asked for another interview for the higher up manager. About an hour of the same questions and then 2 days later I got the call that I got the job. They were all typical questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cellular World (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was brief but friendly. They were able to focus on the questions that needed to be asked and to cut straight to the point of if my skill set would be of value.