Centennial College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centennial College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centennial College.

Interview

They allow anonymous written complaints to be used against people to deny an interview. There is no ADR process and they prefer a climate of fear and competition over collegiality

Interview Questions

• no questions no interview although I had been offered the job previously   1 Answer
    • Is the transparency and fairness in the internal hiring process?   1 Answer
    • Do you think the President knows there is such a disconnect between the spirit and environment she seeks to inculcate in the college the shenanigans of the management in the school you are working inl?   1 Answer
    • Do you think management should be allowed to ask vulnerable part-time profs what they think of senior management or the president?   1 Answer

Co-op Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Centennial College.

Interview

I was interviewed via skype which took around 15 min.
    I had a few common tutor questions.
    They emphasized they have more international students and cultural diversity, but
    I think it's typical in College around Toronto.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student doesn't understand what you taught?   Answer Question

Alumni Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First step was the Phone interview and after 1 week they called to confirm face to face panel interview. Phone interview is about 30 minutes long with checking and verifying information on the resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Centennial College.

Interview

I applied through the college website, and it was a full time coop position. The process took around 1+ week. I got an interview at Centennial College Progress Campus and 3 hiring manager interview me. Very nice and friendly, the questions are very easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you done any tutoring before?
      2. How would you handle a student with disabiliy?
      3. What would you do if the student doesn't fully comprehen english. ( recommend them to the ESL center )
      4.Any experience working or being in a diverse enviroment ?
      And they give you some cases and ask what would you do in that situation.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Centennial College (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

some common questions. start with introducing yourself and then they ask a lot of behavioral questions, and they make everything straightforward. How to respect your students? how to deal with difference in culture? and how to deal with student who has depressions?

Interview Questions

• If you have a student come late all the time, what are you going to do with this?   Answer Question

Curriculum Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centennial College (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had 1 telephone interview approximately 10 minutes. A week later I had a face-to-face interview with three managers. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. One week later I received word that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• How has your educational background and prior experiences prepared you for success in this role?   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Thorough, panel-led and has a mix of teaching demo as well as overall interview discussing background, experience and qualifications. The interview process started with a 10min teaching demo where i was asked to present a subject as if i was presenting it to students in the classroom (brief sent 2 weeks earlier to prepare). The most important aspect of a teaching demo, is to demonstrate (1) knowledge of subject matter and (2) presenting the material in an engaging manner, again as if presenting to students and not a professional audience. After the demo, we had a 5min Q&A about the demo and we then moved to a 40min interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Colleges in ontario are part of a union and hence the ability to negotiate is very very limited as there is a collective agreement in place.

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Mock tutoring session with any topic. Many communication and facilitating skills applied. Focus more on student instead of teaching-centered. Recruitment process is very transparent. The information is always up-to-date. The follow-up is very prompt.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important as a Peer Tutor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase

Accounting and Business Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with a panel of potential supervisors and answered questions regarding how to tutor different kinds of students as well as personality and previous experiences. It's best when you have previous teaching experience as it gives you a better understanding of how to respond to the needs of students. The interview was interesting to me and the staff were very friendly but its difficulty depends on whether you understand teaching.

Interview Questions

• Imagine a student comes up to you after having not done any of their course assignments or attended any lectures. How will you go about tutoring that student?   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 part interview process. Part one was with the coordinator. That was casual with the review of my CV as well as questions. The second part was with the department Dean which consisted of a teaching demo for which I had to field questions.