Centennial College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centennial College Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.8

Co-op Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Centennial College.

Interview

I was interviewed via skype which took around 15 min.
    I had a few common tutor questions.
    They emphasized they have more international students and cultural diversity, but
    I think it's typical in College around Toronto.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student doesn't understand what you taught?   Answer Question

Alumni Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First step was the Phone interview and after 1 week they called to confirm face to face panel interview. Phone interview is about 30 minutes long with checking and verifying information on the resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Centennial College.

Interview

I applied through the college website, and it was a full time coop position. The process took around 1+ week. I got an interview at Centennial College Progress Campus and 3 hiring manager interview me. Very nice and friendly, the questions are very easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you done any tutoring before?
      2. How would you handle a student with disabiliy?
      3. What would you do if the student doesn't fully comprehen english. ( recommend them to the ESL center )
      4.Any experience working or being in a diverse enviroment ?
      And they give you some cases and ask what would you do in that situation.
      Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Centennial College (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

some common questions. start with introducing yourself and then they ask a lot of behavioral questions, and they make everything straightforward. How to respect your students? how to deal with difference in culture? and how to deal with student who has depressions?

Interview Questions

• If you have a student come late all the time, what are you going to do with this?   Answer Question

Curriculum Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centennial College (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had 1 telephone interview approximately 10 minutes. A week later I had a face-to-face interview with three managers. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. One week later I received word that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• How has your educational background and prior experiences prepared you for success in this role?   Answer Question

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Mock tutoring session with any topic. Many communication and facilitating skills applied. Focus more on student instead of teaching-centered. Recruitment process is very transparent. The information is always up-to-date. The follow-up is very prompt.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important as a Peer Tutor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase

Accounting and Business Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with a panel of potential supervisors and answered questions regarding how to tutor different kinds of students as well as personality and previous experiences. It's best when you have previous teaching experience as it gives you a better understanding of how to respond to the needs of students. The interview was interesting to me and the staff were very friendly but its difficulty depends on whether you understand teaching.

Interview Questions

• Imagine a student comes up to you after having not done any of their course assignments or attended any lectures. How will you go about tutoring that student?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a face to face interview, in a very friendly environment. There were calculation questions about molarity and dilutions. It was a short and simple interview. It took approximately 25 minutes.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Centennial College.

Interview

Job was posted near the end of the semester. Found out alter it was because the managers wanted to allow students to have an opportunity to find jobs outside of the school.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centennial College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

To apply for this job you must be a full time student at Centennial College. Then you apply online with the list of classes that you might tutor. The trick is that you must apply to many courses so they get interested on you and they call you for person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience teaching other people and why I wanted to be a tutor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. It was offered the minimum wage and I accepted based on the need of working experience.