Centerplate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Centerplate

2.1

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centerplate (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was fairly simple, I went in to fill-out the application, a couple days later someone called me to come in for an interview. That went about 45mins to an hour and took a test for food handlers, test was graded and I was notified that I passed.

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

Very clean and clear process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Clear line of negotiation

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centerplate (Denver, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

Good process

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

I applied through a hospitality website and was called the same week to schedule a one on one interview. I met with the Director of Sales & Marketing. The interview was about 30 minutes. I was made an offer by the DSM before end of week by the DSM. The process was rather quick and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a fair salary and in less than a year I was offered the Senior Catering Sales Manager position.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centerplate (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

I was on the telephone for my first interview for about 20 minutes and spoke, maybe, 3 minutes. When I went in for a face to face she told me to be exactly like I was on the phone...um, quiet?
    After a few months of employment she told me that she must have misunderstood everything I told her while interviewing even though she never asked me a question.

Catering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Centerplate (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

The director of catering was very brief and direct which was great. The interview fell on a game day so I knew not to take up much of his time. The interview was nontraditional, we didn't sit in an office that was uncomfortable it took place on a bench outside with shouting fans and lots of foot traffic. The interview took about 15 minutes. I was asked aprox 10 questions at most. Told to come in for paperwork.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Centerplate?   1 Answer

Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centerplate (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Easy interview with typical questions. A fairly easy math/accounting test was given, need to know how to calculate percentages, fractions, etc. Interview lasted about an hour including a tour. Was hired on the spot so that was nice. Casual environment which made you feel comfortable. The convention center is huge so arrive early to find your way around.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centerplate (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

there was no real interview. litterally showed up and was told to wear a tie. the tie was their only requirement. did not ask me for any information besides my social security for payment. i have worked for similar companies and they at least put some effort into the hiring of entry level employees. i.e. a traditional interviewing and or training process. For Center Plate i just showed up to work. had very little help and direction from any management. it was a learning experience but their lack of interest in their employees is astonishing.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centerplate (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The human resource lady was very nice and helpful. She explained the application all the way through. She explained to ke ahe had to speak with her human resource director and then she would give me a call. She immediately called back and said her director liked me and will be calling me for training.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

easiet way to get in is through referral / working with a union. applied in person, got a call back, interviewed, followed up with HR manager, got the job