Centerplate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centerplate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.1

Restaurant Super Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

Met with the incoming GM and spoke at length about my experience in the property they were taking over. Enjoyed the conversation and took my input seriously and the whole process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the hospitality industry that others may not possess?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centerplate (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The human resource lady was very nice and helpful. She explained the application all the way through. She explained to ke ahe had to speak with her human resource director and then she would give me a call. She immediately called back and said her director liked me and will be calling me for training.

Interview Questions

Interview

I actually didn't go through an interview process. 90% of the employees were either the kids of the police officers that worked for each event, or students of a high school nearby. My father got me the job because he knew the General Manager and Assistant General Manager very well.

Concession Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centerplate (New Orleans, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process lasted about 15 minutes. I walked in took a 5 minute test on 5 basic math problems that took literally 2 minutes at the most. I was asked 7 simple interview questions and then she explained a little about Centerplate. I then received the "New Hire" paper that stated what I needed for orientation. I was told that it didn't mean I got the job. The next day, I was called to schedule orientation. The whole process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I applied for the job   1 Answer

Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centerplate (Amherst, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruited through a friend, it's about who you know. I talked to the person who was hiring for a team after a former coworker called me and told me about it. Said he had recommended me and that I should send m resume to the head chef. Head Chef calls about a week later and we talked for something like ten minutes. It was less an interview than it was a get to know you, tell me about the place. All he really wanted to know was whether or not I was going to be available what was my size for a chef coat.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centerplate (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

I was on the telephone for my first interview for about 20 minutes and spoke, maybe, 3 minutes. When I went in for a face to face she told me to be exactly like I was on the phone...um, quiet?
    After a few months of employment she told me that she must have misunderstood everything I told her while interviewing even though she never asked me a question.

Stewarding Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centerplate (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The whole think took about two weeks and it was really fastand easy it was your basic interview questions meet with the assistant director then hr and head chef and then executive of stewarding

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your previous job that will be helpful to you if we were to bring you on   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centerplate (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very quick response, I could tell they were trying to fill the position quickly. They require at least one of your past jobs to confirm you worked there. You have to come to the HR office in person to fill out the application, then they call you after that if they're interested.

I had a two-step interview. The first was with the manager I ended up assisting, she was clearly not trained to give interviews but she was very nice. Talked a lot about the position and her job, didn't ask me very many questions.

I got a call back within a day or two to come in for a second interview, which was with the general manager. That was more of a "culture fit" interview - she asked about my interests, hobbies, etc. She was also very nice, I think just feeling out if I would fit in with the other employees (it's a very small office, so this is important).

Interview Questions

• This job requires a lot of multitasking, do you have experience doing that? What are some of your strengths related to this job?   Answer Question

Event Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Centerplate (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Easy. One on one and really easy. I was called by the Manager and asked about my experience. I was surprised that he took the time to read my professional references that I had sent in. He took the time to visit with me about the jobs opportunities and what I could expect. I interviewed for the Supervisor position but we both agreed I would take a Lead position first to see how things go then i will move into Supervisor after a bit. I was happy to learn that it is a union and that there were benefits that I didn't expect.

Premium Suites Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centerplate (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Three interviews in two weeks and then I was presented a job offer.
    I first met the HR manager, then my direct supervisor, then the Gm of the entire operation.
    They explained the position in detail and included the positive and negative aspects.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the pressure of a high volume and high stress, ever changing environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate for $5,000 more per year than was first offered, however I decided not to take the position due to other personal circumstances.