Central Valley Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Central Valley Electric Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Central Valley Electric

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Artesia, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Central Valley Electric (Artesia, NM) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with Human Resources manager and the Engineering manager. They asked me general interview questions and then allowed me to present myself at the end. I was then take. For a tour of the facilities, including substations, and the maintenance buildings. The people I met were extremely nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that can help our company in this position?   1 Answer

IT/GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Artesia, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Valley Electric (Artesia, NM) in July 2008.

Interview

During the interview the people were very nice it seemed like a very good company to work for. They seemed to like my energy and elaborating on the details of my experience. The person leaving this position was also involved with the interview. I was very honest with my expectations and my knowledge. I was hired but later realized the stuff the employer informed me of during the interview was a lie such as the GIS portion of the IT job being only 6months-1year temporary when in fact it was not temporary it was going to take 5-10 years to complete this temporary job that has no relation to computers. Had i know they were lying about the GIS portion of the job being temporary I would never have accepted the position. Thank God I was able to find another job during the hard economy, consequently I had to quit so it would not affect my career.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about GIS   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to perform temporary GIS mapping duties which consists of mapping electrical poles on a geographical grid map here in the office. This would only be temporary so we can get caught up which will be about a 6 months to 1 year GIS temporary involvement so we can get caught up in order to help us remove the GIS portion from the IT job title.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating at all even though I had ample experience for the job requirements.