Century Aluminum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Century Aluminum

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Century Aluminum

Web Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Century Aluminum.

Interview

Single in-person interview with two of the people I'd be working with. Personable and easy to talk to. Conversation mostly focused on my skillset and a short PHP coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain example PHP code.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sebree, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Sebree, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

Was easy interview. Did not ask too many techincal questions. They are more interested in the person than the past experience. They look for good attitudes. Dont show up in a suit, they dont wear them there.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work weekends.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Owensboro, KY) in November 2012.

Interview

Arrived onsite and was quickly greeted by the interviewing Manager. Plant tour while being interviewed. Then meet with another interviewing Manager for final interview. During this process another Electrical Engineer was present to help with questions. Company completed interview by providing lunch.

Interview Questions

• Background and what experience did I have with specific PLCs and motor drives   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sebree, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Sebree, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

very thorough background check, with round table style interview and skills verification. They use a standardized question format divided up among the various interviewers. The interview is conducted by HR, and the management staff (all of them) of the individual departments. The health and fitness testing is the hardest part of the process. If they intend to offer you a position you will know before leaving the premises

Interview Questions

• Willingness to work various shifts   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, union environment, all benefits are contractual

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robards, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Robards, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Sat down to discuss how I would handle the workers if they were showing signs/symptoms of heat stress. I answered a few basic emt questions that would relate to mental status and emergency care for heat stress or stroke.

Interview Questions

• What will you say if a worker tells you no, when you request them to sit down because they are showing signs of heat stress.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebree, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Sebree, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

You meet with people from all over the plant. Hiring manager, department manager, other supervisors, engineers, Human Resources, and Plant manager. They asked behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, and gave a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why we should hire you and tell me about yourself. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job.   Answer Question

Heat Stress Emt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robards, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Robards, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

I went in and was greeted by one of the safety professionals. He asked me some basic questions and explained to me what they did there as an aluminum smelter operation and gave me a run down about what I would be dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we do here as an aluminum smelter?   1 Answer
    • Some guys out here will want to continue working after you have told them the need a break. What will you say to them at this point?   1 Answer

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Dorchester, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. The panel consisted of members with a varying backgrounds and years of experience. The type of questions extended beyond your basic interview question but mainly focused on situation driven question. In addition there were a great number of behavioral questions.