Century Aluminum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Century Aluminum

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebree, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Sebree, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

You meet with people from all over the plant. Hiring manager, department manager, other supervisors, engineers, Human Resources, and Plant manager. They asked behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, and gave a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why we should hire you and tell me about yourself. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job.   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sebree, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Sebree, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

very thorough background check, with round table style interview and skills verification. They use a standardized question format divided up among the various interviewers. The interview is conducted by HR, and the management staff (all of them) of the individual departments. The health and fitness testing is the hardest part of the process. If they intend to offer you a position you will know before leaving the premises

Interview Questions

• Willingness to work various shifts   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, union environment, all benefits are contractual

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sebree, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Sebree, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

Was easy interview. Did not ask too many techincal questions. They are more interested in the person than the past experience. They look for good attitudes. Dont show up in a suit, they dont wear them there.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work weekends.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Owensboro, KY) in November 2012.

Interview

Arrived onsite and was quickly greeted by the interviewing Manager. Plant tour while being interviewed. Then meet with another interviewing Manager for final interview. During this process another Electrical Engineer was present to help with questions. Company completed interview by providing lunch.

Interview Questions

• Background and what experience did I have with specific PLCs and motor drives   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century Aluminum (Dorchester, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. The panel consisted of members with a varying backgrounds and years of experience. The type of questions extended beyond your basic interview question but mainly focused on situation driven question. In addition there were a great number of behavioral questions.