Cerritos, CA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cerritos, CA

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerritos, CA

Library Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerritos, CA (Cerritos, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about 2 weeks later for an interview at the City Hall. They asked me to sign a paper for a background check and list my availability. They were quite friendly and took turns asking me questions about my education, personality, and computer skills. Straightforward questions that you'd expect from an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      If you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you deal with it?
      Do you have any experience organizing, etc
      Can you work Sundays.   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerritos, CA.

Interview

Horrible and unorganized! All the people who work at the city are stuck in their ways. Zero innovation. Just look at their website. No need to say more. Stay away from the city of Cerritos if you want a good job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were repetitive and mundane. They are reading a script and do not take the time to read the information we provided on the online application or the resume I sent. They are so unorganized.   Answer Question

Secretary/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerritos, CA (Cerritos, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The Secretary/Receptionist job application was printed as a pdf through the website and was submitted physically in person. Several days later, a phone call was made to state the time and location (Cerritos Public Library) for the typing test.

The typing test consisted of one round of practice and two rounds of the actual test. You are graded on WPM but mistakes are heavily penalized (subtract around 5 words per minute) so accuracy is important. The passing rate is 50 words per minute. One caveat to this test is that new paragraphs must use three spaces instead of a tab; otherwise tabbing for new paragraphs will count as a mistake. You can leave after the first round if you pass.

A phone call for an interview came five days after; the city will give you slots of time but will not change to a different day (which was the day after this phone call).

After checking in with the receptionist, you will be asked to wait in the City Hall Lobby until you are called up. Interviews with the city are fast and this one was no exception; you will be hit by questions asked by the (two) interviewers from their sheet of paper for fifteen minutes only (they do ask to allocate an hour).

One month later, I received a call from HR stating that I was not selected and encouraged to apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the three important skills that a secretary needs.   2 Answers
    • The nature of a secretary is handling multiple projects at once. Tell me how you would prioritize projects and then about a time when you had to prioritize projects   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use tact to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me what this job entails.   1 Answer

GIS Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerritos, CA (Cerritos, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Panel interview with HR manager, GIS manager, and third personnel whose position I can't remember. They started asking about my background, education, and GIS experience and asked less than ten questions after that.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with relational database management systems (RDMS)?
      How would you create a 500 ft buffer around a parcel? Please be specific.
      What is the difference between a table join and a Union?
      What is the difference between a primary key and a foreign key?
      Do you have any experience with Microsoft Access?
      What is a project you worked on recently that you were most proud of?   Answer Question