Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative

3.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Very friendly and I loved the interview process as the people interviewing were the smartest and the most humble ever. It was like a fun discussion and not intimidating at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (Redwood City, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Telephonic round was good. I asked them so many time about interview result. Finally, they said for first round. Recruiter cc'ed another recruiter for next steps. It took two more weeks. I asked them so many time to schedule an interview. Finally they said they have a plan moving forward. The next step is to take another technical phone screen with one of our engineers.

Interview Questions

• Related to hashMap. Print duplicate files on same line.

//adding two strings   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (San Jose, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

1:1 Google Hangout Through Karat.
    They explained about their company and answered the questions I had.
    Interviewer was kind and helpful when I got stuck.
    1 hour interview, and you have more than 40 mins for technical questions.
    If you solve the first one fast, you can get second one.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative in August 2017.

Interview

Started with an Employee Referral. I have an informal video chat with hiring manager. I then applied for the position and was contact for a portfolio review and app review.

Interview Questions

• Talk about why you're interested in education and health.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.

Interview

The recruiter was unprofessional and even said "idiot" loudly towards the end of the interview (suspiciously around the mistake question - they said it was directed at another coworker - why would you say that at all?). Regardless of who that comment was directed at, it was a negative experience all around.

Interview Questions

Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Response

Nov 7, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

We really appreciate the feedback - thank you for sharing. That is unacceptable behavior, and we are very sorry for the negative interview experience. We will look into this and will ensure this... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (San Jose, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

The process started with a HackerRank challenge, then I had a google hangouts. After that was an on-site interview. The google hangouts was just about soft skills, then the on-site interview was where the coding happened.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of pairs of running times(int start, int end) for programs, return the maximum amount of programs that were running at one time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Absolutely stellar interview experience. This was the best interview experience I've had by far, and I've interviewed for SE Intern roles with tons of companies. I was invited to interview after I attended one of their events in SF.

The recruiters were quick, personable, and very helpful. They would provide documents that helped prepare, answer questions, and give insights on what next steps looked like.

The engineers were all incredibly kind. They are super helpful working with you to craft a reasonable solution. They also had a unique style of interview where you could Google/StackOverflow/read docs to your content (except actually googling the question, of course), and you would work through a question together. The level of difficulty was not easy, I would say difficult but fair - there's a lot of help and collaboration to get through the questions. The whole interview pipeline was incredibly well structured, and everyone there is very obviously smart and passionate.

Process:
    - Phone screen w/HR
    - Phone screen w/Engineer
    [Onsite in Palo Alto, but they've since moved to Redwood City]
    - 1 Whiteboard/Laptop standard technical round
    - 1 Collaborative Online technical round
    - 1 Behavioral and Cultural round
    - Lunch and Guest Speaker

They also held a meet-and-greet before the actual interview date where you could engage with interviewers at an off-site location, which gave you a chance to be personable with the team and meet the people you'd talk to in a low-pressure environment. Also got to say hi to Priscilla Chan!

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work here? (Very important, everyone at this company is very passionate about their mission)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was good! I interviewed right before the holidays and the recruiting team worked hard to accommodate my needs. The interviewers I met were all friendly and respectful. Questions were always presented in a clear and straightforward manner and the whole implementation process felt collaborative and approachable. The interviewing/recruiting team clearly puts a lot of effort into making sure the process is comfortable and as unbiased as can be and the results are greatly appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter, a technical phone interview, and an on-site interview. On-site had two technical rounds and one behavioral.

Technical questions were medium to hard coding questions. Leetcode served as good practice.

Everyone was very nice during the process.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I loved how the interview process was. They chose questions that were complex, but not impossible and focused on how you thought of solutions rather than if your solution would compile etc.

Interview Questions

• There was a very long behavioral interview which was enjoyable but was not prepared for.   1 Answer