Channel Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Channel Intelligence Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Channel Intelligence (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

A very good interview process. Phone interview. 1 in person interview and then a TRACK interview. It went great until I realized my time was wasted.

Basically, before the interview process began I told them my minimum salary requirements and they agreed to move forward. I took 1.5 days off of my current job to go through their intense interview process.

When the time for an offer came they said that the position had a salary cap. This cap was $10,000 below the minimum we had previously agreed to.

This was severely disheartening and I felt used.

Be wary of this company when considering it. They are not honest.

Interview Questions

10K below originally agreed to minimum salary. So disappointing. Be careful.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Channel Intelligence (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was by phone. The 1:1 interview allows them to drill you about your experience and then give you the opportunity to ask questions. This lasts an hour. The final interview consist of a full day of interviewing with 6 members.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fair. Make sure to sell yourself and ask as many questions as you like as they seem pretty open. They did mention reviewing my social media page (which is private). So, if you like their social media page, know that they are scoping you out. I'm a pretty open book so I wasn't too worried. I think this is fair in order to understand your personality type.   Answer Question

Vice President Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Channel Intelligence (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

Series of interviews from different functions. Only inspiring ones were a Marketing VP and across the hall a co-founder EVP who had cool brain teaser tests.

Interview Questions

• What can you do that others cannot? Have you ever worked for some who is insane? What is the difference between Egtoiscm and narcissism and how do you deal with each (cause you will have to)? Have you ever had an unethical CFO? What would you do?   Answer Question

I got the feeling no one executive actually liked each other. And no one seemed to care for the CEO.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Channel Intelligence (Celebration, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

CI has an interview process known as "tracking". You have multiple face-to-face interviews with several people in the company, one at a time, so that they can each evaluate your qualifications and personality. I met with 6 different people for my track, so it was like 6 different interviews. They then send their results to HR and the results of your interviews are combined to determine if you get the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked you to talk about your qualifications, why you want the job, and what you know about the company. Pretty typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Channel Intelligence (Orlando, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

They do what they call a 'track' - you get set up for a day with 5, 6 or 7 people to interview with and they all judge your fit for the role. It is a long day, but you meet some good people, and get a feel for the culture because you hear lots of the same things.

Be sure you nail the first one - if you don't, the comments from the first person influence the next one, and so on through the day. Some people find it hard to disagree with an earlier interviewer, even if they do

Ask about problems/issues/challenges either in the company or related to the role you are applying for. You'll get different perspectives, and somewhere in there will be something related to the truth.

Interview Questions

• What role are you applying for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate salary. Not benefits - the benefits are already good.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Channel Intelligence (Celebration, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Common system based on multiple interviews in one day, CI calls it a track. This is ¨somewhat¨ required but some key hires and consultants are hired without this process.
    There is little to zero training on how to interview at CI so the experience is predicated upon who is on your track and the personalities are very very diverse. There is a high probability of out of bounds or personal question. Finally, a big part of the process is candidate interviewing CI. Most employees know that it is a difficult and peculiar place and want to prepare the candidate as much as possible to avoid <90 quit.

Interview Questions

• Actually the most interesting and what many say are difficult are from the EVP and Cofounder and use props... sort of a question-less IQ test. Pretty cool!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Small company, easy to negotiate for things that are fair. Actually, the company fairly pays key hires and pitches equity (which are actually private company stock options of no nominal value) hard but bonus program is wishy-washy and the company is fairly skimpy on relo.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Channel Intelligence.

Interview

Great process. Phone interview first. Got a good feel of the company. Flew to Orlando for the interview track of six people from the company including the CEO, CFO and Co-founder. I felt that they were really trying to not only get someone skilled but get someone that fit the culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fair and based on my experience. Included options.