Charles River Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.7

Regulatory Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Malvern, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Basic phone interview with Personify (HR contracted by Charles River). Then I went to interview in person. When I arrived, I was asked where my application was by the receptionist. I was never emailed one by Personify. The receptionist provided me with one which I promptly completed. First, I met with the hiring manager. From the moment I walked in the room, I felt she was very unprofessional. She had informed me that Personify suggested she conduct phone interviews but she did not have time for that so she brought me in instead. Her attitude was negative and judgemental. I then went on to meet with the reports I would be potentially managing. They were kind but clearly frustrated as they were still working primarily in paper based systems. Even document control was paper based.

Animal Care Technician Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the same day about setting up a phone screening with the company that starts the hiring process for them. The call mainly covered estimate of desired salary, what interactions with non-lab animals I may have, relocation or not, and things along that line. Was told my information would then be passed on to HR and heard nothing after that.

Formulation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Horsham, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It took me one week to get interview at charles river Lab. I have applied online and then I had phone screening and then I had interview at on site. The process in 3 steps ,1st step interview with Manager ,2nd interview with Lead of Formation department and third was with HR

Staff Toxicologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview

Primarily had a 30 minute phone interview then was asked to come for an in-person interview. The in-person interview took the whole day where I met with various people in the company and gave a 30 minute presentation on my previous research experiences.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview

Got a call from HR. Initially asked me basic interview questions and discussed a little about the job. Next was an interview with the supervisor and senior supervisor. About 10 questions were asked. Quick and straight to the point. Took a month to get notified of the result.

Electron Microscopy Tech II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very fast and professional. Applied for the job online and within hours had a interview with HR for the following week. After the HR interview a group interview on the phone was set up with the director of the facility and two other associates. The interview went well and I was told I would hear something in a week. After emailing HR a week later regarding my status I was told an offer was being prepared for me. That was last email I received, and I haven't heard anything since.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

It was your run of the mill interview with the basic interview questions about how you describe yourself and others like it. The interview was more laid back than what I was expecting, but the interviewers were very nice and polite.

Interview Questions

• In the past year what is one thing that has been the most rewarding to you?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with controversy in your jobs previously?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two senior management. The interview was conducted in a professional manner for approximately 1 hour. Interviewers were friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun. They asked about the skills that I may possess for the position and asked pretty standard interview questions to gauge whether I had the ability to work in a team.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you were in conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • What do you do during your free time?   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview

Rude and unprofessional! After reaching out to the hiring manager on LinkedIn she put me into contact with the senior recruiter working on the position. Never answered my email so I called, after speaking with her she told me to send her an email detailing my previous experience and why I would be a fit to her personal email. Did so and she never followed up or answered my email, I followed up numerous times and was ignored. Why tell me to waste my time write in detail and then completely ignore it is beyond me. Even a follow up sorry we can't offer you this position would have been better. Based on other reviews on this site and friends who have worked for this company this is nothing new and the talent acquisition team is unprofessional. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

Charles River Laboratories Response

Oct 14, 2016 – Associate Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. My sincere apologies that your experience at Charles River did not match our intention of being a great place to work. We are taking your... More

Application

Interview

Spent most of the time telling me what to expect from the work environment. Not so much as an interview as it was listening to a Wikipedia entry followed by some generalized questions. Bounce back and forth with questions from an HR member and the supervisor of a team within the hiring department. Fairly straight forward and easy if you do a little bit of background search on the job and have a foundation of strong, standard interview response answers.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time you felt like a co-worker went behind your back? How did/would you handle the situation?   Answer Question