Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Sort:

Pizza Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Marietta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

At the time, this was a job fair at a college. It was for working at their dining service there. They interview several people. I was called in for 2 interviews. It went really well because I was to start the following day. I originally went to a job fair where I was interviewed one-on-one. Then I was called in to interview with someone else. I got the job and started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• It's really not a difficult question but most people think it is. They asked me to tell me about myself. At that time I had little job experience with only having 1 job before. With my resume and words I got hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to work two shifts with a 2 hour break in between and I accepted it. You have to know what you can work before you take anything. My schedule was Mon-Thur 9am-2pm 4pm-8pm and on Friday 9am-2pm. If you are unable to work a schedule, you should not take the job offer. You will only be setting yourself up for failure.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Florence, AL).

Interview

Fill out the Application online
    They will call you if they are still hiring and quick interview. check back grounds and can go to work after 1 one week
    Getting uniform and Id number.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2017.

Interview

Once the application is reviewed, you will get a call from the HR representative. The interview is overall laid back so no need to be nervous. You'll be asked about your past experiences -- it helps to be proficient in the food industry.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Valdosta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was referred to the job by a friend and given an interview the next day.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Beaumont, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

You need to apply online . The process is a little complicated but if you have pacient after 2 weeks somebody will call you for an interview . After that the manager will talk to you . If he like what you have to say he will make you an offer . From there you fill out all the paper work . They do a background check . And if you pass you hired .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

First meet Chartwells at a Job Fair put on by my college. Was contacted shortly for a 2nd interview. First interview was with about 6 people while my 2nd interview was with only 3 people. Asked a bunch of question of where I see myself in the future.

Interview Questions

• Though my interest was for catering that wanted to know how I felt about working for marketing?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services.

Interview

After the first interview, Human Resources said she would like me to interview with the hiring manager. After waiting 1 week I followed up.....no response.....I followed up again 2 weeks later......no response. 8 weeks after the initial interview she called me to proceed.

I interviewed with the hiring manager and three VPs. The regional VP came from a financial background (never working in the food industry) and obviously is not used to getting her hands dirty (ie: working in the field). She kept complaining of long hours and lots of travel and "hard work". Hmm..sounds like another day in the field or day on the job to me.

I did not hear anything until I followed up with HR 4 weeks later. "Oh, you should have gotten a generated (generic) email saying we went with another candidate. It's probably in your spam." Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. I never received that email nor did I expect to be treated so poorly after 5 interviews, a 2-hour online assessment (lots of math), more paperwork, and 4 of my references taking time to complete an online form.

If this is the way Chartwells treats candidates, I'd hate to see how they treat employees.

Interview Questions

• You can probably find work much easier than this. Are you sure you want this position? (Regional VP)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services in November 2010.

Interview

hiring process was very good and very easy
    I presented my resume and talked a little bit about wages and experience
    I got some information explaining to me what is the exact job
    like working on the cash register
    cleaning the tables
    stocking and maintaining the place

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was quick. Applied in December. 3 days later I got a call to go in for an interview. Heard back later on that day to go in for a group interview. I did have to wait till January to start working since it's on campus and they were going on winter break so I had to wait after the break to start working.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services.

Interview

Interviewed in a relaxed atmosphere in the dining hall. Was really cool! The questions are very typical for example they ask you about past jobs and your responsibilities there. EZ! You keep bugging me about the overall experience. I told you the overall experience.

Interview Questions

• The process was relaxed. It was ez to talk to the interviewer. The questions are very typical for example they ask you about past jobs and your responsibilities there. EZ!   1 Answer