Chemtura Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chemtura Interview Questions

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chemtura (Gastonia, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked to lab manager and discussed roll in the lab. Lab employees walked me through the laboratory and showed me each piece of equipment and ask me questions about the equipment to make sure I was knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fords, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chemtura (Fords, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I meet with the HR manager and the lab manager both of them are pretty awesome people. The interview feels more like a conversationa. However, they get to know you between that conversation. I will gladly accept any offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Who was my favorite history character? Which instrument was my favorite?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlebury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Chemtura (Middlebury, CT).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, has one interview with an HR type and Assistant Controller. Contacted for a second interview two weeks later and was offered a job a week later at a lowball offer. Negotiated $10,000 higher pay and accepted. Biggest mistake of my life!

Negotiation

Easy, they caved to my higher pay demand right away.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chemtura.

Interview

I applied for a sales position and received a call back from a recruiter who wanted to do a phone interview. We set up a time and date. She explained the interview process. All of which was standard. However, after the telephone interview I never heard back on anything. No second interview; which I understand. However, there was no rejection letter and I received no responses from the HR recruiter when I sent her two follow up e mails. I thought this was very unprofessional and left me with a bad experience with how Chemtura treats potential employees. HR is supposed to be the dept. who looks out for the employees.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naugatuck, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chemtura (Naugatuck, CT).

Interview

Individual interview with 4-5 people, did a technical presentation and panel interview with ~8 people. Interview took all day

Negotiation

Not too much room for negotiation

R&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chemtura (East Hanover, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

The recruiter gave me a practice interview and questions to prepare to answer. The interviewer asked other things including questions about specific chemicals. I answered everything correctly except one question about specific chemicals that could have violated my confidentiality agreement with my prior employer. My thank you notes and copies of my publications were not acknowledged. Over a month later I learned that I would not be invited to interview because I didn't name specific chemicals in the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• What chemical additives would you use in gear oils?   1 Answer
    • So you'd use grease in gear boxes?   1 Answer

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chemtura (Conyers, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, they called and decided that I was not qualified which I agreed with. I went to a Staffing Agency and interviewed for the same job, but did not know it at the time till they told me the name of the company. Staffing agency called Chemtura and told them they were crazy for not considering me because of all the experience I had in Quality. Chemtura decided to interview me and hired me.

Interview Questions

• How much Chemical experience do you have?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chemtura (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Moved into Chemtura from Witco

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chemtura (Conyers, GA).

Interview

Three interview process. Sent to the HR manager and then to the department supervisor and then to the lead person.

Interview Questions

• Are you allergic to any chemicals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They told you what hours you would work and everybody in that position made the same rate of pay.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chemtura in January 2007.

Interview

It was before 2007 - 2004 to be exact (I have not gone for an interview in years since I now own my own company) with Great Lakes Chemicals.

First contact was with HR to review my background and have a phone interview. I then arranged to visit the site (2 weeks or so later). They had me book my flight, rent a car and drive 2 hours from the Airport to a hotel. I then interviewed there for a day - site was somewhat run down. I interviewed with 3 or 4 engineers and the department manager in their research facility. Much was run down about the facility - however they explained the particular product line I would be working on was expanding. They also had me attend a group meeting and interview session with several in management. The head person was not there. The interviews were not structured, and it seemed like I was leading the interviewers along.

About a month later, they asked me to come for a second interview. I again went there for the interview. I met again with the person who would be my boss, and went to the conference room outside the big boss's office. I waited in the office (with nobody paying attention to me) for about 4 hours. I went to the secretary and said how long would it be until the interview would start. They said they did not know. I asked if they would reimburse me if I missed my flight and had to reschedule (I had the last flight out - so I would also have to stay another day). They said no. I said I had to go then, since I would be late for my flight.

I was not impressed on going there for 2 days and not completing the interview. Needless to say I did not get the offer - and I would not have accepted even if I got it. The site shut down when the company was bought out by Chemtura.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult - just the typical questions of explaining jobs,etc. No technical problems were presented, even though I expected these. I asked questions about their technology   1 Answer