Chicago Architecture Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chicago Architecture Foundation

Sort:

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Architecture Foundation (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was first phone screened, then asked to come in to interview. After a week they extended the offer to me and I accepted. The on-boarding process was horrible, nothing was ready when I arrived. It was unorganized and unprofessional.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Architecture Foundation (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed very straight-forward. I appreciated Ellen, who was very courteous and prompt in her communications. Additionally, she was open about some issues the organization was experiencing at the time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you had with your supervisor and how you solved it?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Architecture Foundation (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Usually I believe the overall Glassdoor consensus but I really believe in the CAF mission so went against my better judgment and applied and interviewed. First, I got a rejection a week after I applied. Then a few weeks later, I get a request for an interview. I’m assuming they didn’t find a candidate then went back to the drawing board or maybe it was a mistake. Either way, no one addressed it. I had a very quick phone call with the hiring manager where I was asked if I had experience with certain things that weren’t in the job description nor were they on my resume. Whenever I would start to answer, I was cut off and I don’t think the manager was even paying attention to my answers because I had to keep repeating myself. It was one of the biggest interview disappointments ever because I really do like the overall concept of the organization.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about CAF?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Architecture Foundation (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the HR manager, who invited me for an in-person interview the following week where I met with her and the hiring manager for the position. I had about 45 minutes with the HR manager, which included very typical behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when you had to be persistent," etc. Then I met with the hiring manager for about 45 minutes, where we talked more in-depth about my experience and the position and what they were looking for. She asked me to send her some writing samples, and the HR manager said they were hoping to extend an offer to someone in the next two weeks. I sent follow-up emails to both the HR manager and the hiring manager but did not hear back from them at all. I am still galled that a major organization (or really an organization of any size) would not extend the courtesy of letting me know I did not get the position. I understand the conversation can be difficult, but to leave someone hanging is shockingly inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone else made a mistake and you had to do something about it.   Answer Question