Chicago Housing Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Housing Authority Interview Questions

2.7

Photographer/Videographer Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Housing Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received a call after 2 weeks to interview in person. The interview was with 3 people in Marketing/Communications, as well as the HR director.
    2 weeks after that, got an email stating that I was moving on to the second interview stage, which was to submit a storyboard proposal for one of CHA's initiatives, due in 1 week.
    2+ weeks after that deadline, finally get an email saying someone else was selected.
    Overall a long and drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the CHA / do you have any personal experience with the organization?
      Have you seen some of our past videos? Which did you like / which ones worked for you?
      Are you able to multitask on projects?
      What is your process for working on projects that have a deadline?
      Talk about a time in which a superior had you do something you didn't agree with.
      Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Housing Authority (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, scheduled an interview via e-mail and came in and sat down with head of marketing department and two other members of the marketing team (both of which are no longer even working at the company). They asked me questions about that pertained to the job and my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Asset Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chicago Housing Authority.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 or 4 senior management and HR representatives. Asked questions about strengths and weaknesses. 5 year plan and how your skills will be an asset to the agency.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two of your employees how have an issue with one another?   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Housing Authority (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

3 person panel, they asked a series of questions. All panelists recorded your responses. It was very intimidating. Panelists had different personalities, it was hard to read them. Interview lasted an hour. Questions ranged from specific regulatory compliance questions to organization, work ethic, etc. As long as you state you are a good team player, you are detailed, organized, a good communicator and efficient, your interview should go well.

Make eye contact. Make sure to look at all panelists when answering questions. And make sure to ask your own questions at the end.

Also read the Davis Bacon, M/W/DBE and Section 3 regulations before going into the interview, as this is going to be asked of you - what do you know about these regulations.

Interview Questions

• What is a characteristic that is a negative for you as an employee   1 Answer

Senior Portfolio Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Housing Authority (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Over the phone twice. Then brought in for onsite interview... The onsite was with several layers of the organization. First a person that worked for the person I would work for. Then with the person I would work for. This then finalized with my to be manager's manager. Offer was officially sent to me via e-mail to which I accepted. There was nothing written - just a casual sit down. Great place....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy. I did research prior. Then negotiated on the high end.....

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Housing Authority (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Sent application in electronically for one position. Received call shortly thereafter requesting an interview for another (different) position. An intern with HR called repeatedly to reschedule the interview time. Appeared as though my resume was not examined thoroughly, as expertise which I don't have in a certain software package was required for the position in question, and a skills test was given immediately following the panel interview on said software. HR did not inform me beforehand of the software expertise needed or the skills test following the interview. The panel interview was typical - 3 or so people asking stock questions and writing down answers.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not too difficult or out of the ordinary for this type of public sector position.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Housing Authority.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR. I had an interview in person with two senior managers. I was called 2 months later regarding a different position...had another interview with HR and an interview with a different senior manager. HR called me two weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.