Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Interview Questions

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

No interview taken. Was called in thinking interview will take place but instead I was made sign couple of legal formalities and background check and I got the internship. Background check took two weeks. Post background check, I got called into work at my chosen hours.

Sanitarian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago.

Interview

The interview began with an Human Resources questionnaire in which I had write my thoughts in response to a question and had 20 minutes to do so alone in a room at a computer. Then I had a small panel interview with leadership at the Dept of Public Health. They conducted a very positive and professional interview. Our discussion was relevant and on point.

Public Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

A coordinator asked my academic background, and then he showed me the tasks if I would work here. I filled several forms and he copied my id. He told me I had to waiting for background checking. He said there would be many groups, I might assist them when they were busy. There were four interns at the same time.

Finance Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chicago in July 2015.

Interview

So this is going to be a long one. I actually applied, took a test for, and interviewed for, and placed on a wait list for a year for an ENTRY LEVEL position within this department well over a year ago. Any ways I got a call back . I was informed that all i had to do was fill out a background check form & some other paperwork and deliver it to city hall and im hired. Soooo i do that the following day and the background check literally took 4 weeks!! Like normally its suppose to take 2-3 but it took 4!! And this is especially weird being that my background is SPARKLY clean and for "average" employers it takes less that 3 days. And to make matters worse i feel like the only reason it took 4 weeks is because i called the HR department to see what was the hold up and a day after that my background was finished and i was contacted by one of the admins. Now theres like two admins im in communication with within this department. Admin F is very striaght forward and pleasent and Admin A is absolutely rude and indecisive. So moving on Admin F calls me and tells me to come in a complete some paperwork and after it processes I get my start date. I do this. Go home. A couple hours later I get an email from Admin A and shes saying she has to check and see if im within the budget then once she gets approval ill get a start date and A sends me a "conditional" offer letter... THEN around 1 am my phone goes off and its an email for a background check from a private company for the City of Chicago. So Im like wtheck is this a scam?!! So i fill it out on the spot cause this is taking waayyyy to long and immediately email A asking if this is legit cause I already took one. A then tells me I never took one and this is legit its just a private company that COC uses... So then im just like wtheck I already put in my two weeks now youre putting me through another pointless background check and talking about some budget bs. So I found out that working for the city is VERY political

Web Database Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview. General questions regarding databases and web development. Academic projects related questions as the position was an internship. General PHP and framework related questions. Questions regarding joints and simple java programs.

Interview Questions

• How many types of joints do sql has?   1 Answer

Sanitarian II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chicago.

Interview

My interviewing process was quick and straight forward. I interviewed with the chief sanitarian and program manager. They didnt appear to be very enthused with having to interview. Job offer came really quick. The background check is lengthy and a headache.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem with picking up and going to another location for an emergency situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offer was non negotiable. No vacation time during your 1st calendar year, just sick time and 1 personal day.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was directed by one of the main officers and her assistant. They will ask you seemingly easy questions but you have to demonstrate willingness to work and knowledge in your fields of study.

Rather Not Say Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Chicago.

Interview

Had to get on the list of qualified employees and wait for name to be called. However, this was years ago and now it is done online.

Interview Questions

• It was not difficult, as I had all of the skills they were seeking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are set by union contracts, so it was already set and not open to haggling.

Contractor for City Council Alderman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Writing task. You are sat down in front of a computer and asked to write a constituent letter to a concerned voter about an innocuous issue that would make most of the general public scoff. Some questions about previous jobs and employers.

Public Service Intern Interview

Interview

Formal Procedure