Chicago State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Chicago State University

2.5

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago State University.

Interview

Difficult. I had to come to campus multiple times and pay for parking each of those times. Which would have been fine if someone had given me the heads up about it. Then it took forever to get my offer letter. Once I got it it was wrong and then it took several weeks to get it corrected.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

My employee called me and we made an appoinment for a skill test. I had only 1 interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a part time job, so I didn`t negotiate anything.

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chicago State University.

Interview

I do not believe I had the typical interview. I knew the hiring person from years ago, what started off as a casual conversation turned into an opportunity to interview within 10 minutews. But the questions ranged from academic philosophy, culture, and subject matter to name a few.

Help Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

very un professional. Manager was on the phone the whole time. People came in and out of the office several times. Employees walked around like a chicken with their head cut-off.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave you nothing

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I met with a Department Director and then I met with the Dean of the college for an interview
    It was a two step process. I made it through the first part and it was pleasant then I needed to explain my gap of work experience for a year. I was asked to include my continuing education

Interview Questions

• What advising experience did I have
      How much did I make on my previous job   Answer Question

Dean Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I arrived on campus for the interview. Even though no one else was being interviewed on that day, the search committee was more than 30 minutes late and there were only two members who showed up. The final part of the interview with faculty only had one member show up.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online than talk with the person i the department about the position. The employer said that I needed additional experience in 3D modeling. I told the employer that I would learn the program. So I took the a class on autodesk inventor and got the position.

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience in aerodynamic   1 Answer

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted several months. There were four different sets of interviews with various panels ranging from the Deans of Colleges to the President of the University. The overall process was fine and the people that i interviewed with were very polite. Just like with any interview you have to be prepared and know how your skills coincide with the position. y.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How does your background relate to this position?
      How much money have you raised?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

It starts off as a one on one interview with the professor where your given information on the research his or her graduate student is involved with. After which, you meet the graduate student and see the work space.

Clinical Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chicago State University (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I want to compliment an interviewer. I applied after being recommended by a friend and I thought the interview was very professional and straight forward. There was initially and application process and I needed to provide references that were consulted. I was fortunate to have other educators on my side. There was a drug test and a personality test. I did have to present in front of a panel. It was important to connect with many people who were currently working. It was important not only appear competent but a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by Marion Phillips. She was amazing. She asked me very simply Why did I first want to become an Educator. The question relaxed me immediately and I was able to share my passion and dreams. It was the best interview I had   1 Answer