Chiron Marketing Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chiron Marketing Solutions

2.9

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chiron Marketing Solutions (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Turned up for the interview to be told that they were moving place without warning and my interview was canceled not even a phone call or email to let me know or an apology when I turned up for my interview which I traveled an hour to get too. Now I look online and they seem to be in the same place I turned up to.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chiron Marketing Solutions in March 2016.

Interview

I got 1 phone call from the Admin who is the happiest woman ever, I had 1 initial interview with the MD before being assessed over a full day - accepted the position at the end of it and started the following week

Event Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chiron Marketing Solutions (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was phoned the next day to arrange an interview with the CEO. This interview was a general Q&A about myself, a basic run-down of the company and the job; the interviewer was nice and friendly. If you got further on in the interview process, you would be shadowing team leaders for a day, and I received a phone call the same day to say i'd got through (bit embarrassing in Tesco at the time haha!)

I was a bit worried reading the negative interviews on glassdoor when I was researching the company prior to shadowing day; but I think because they got no job offer they may have felt a little put out. I arrived at the company HQ for 9AM, and was whisked away on the train to observe two team leaders selling charity subscriptions. I stayed for the full day although you do sign a form which states that you can leave the interview process at any time if you wish to, but as I was on the fence I figured i'd at least see it through to the end. The one who was assessing me would come by every half hour or so to give me tasks to complete in my notebook - some were questionnaires, others were to assess knowledge of business and to gauge who I was as a candidate. I was also given information about the hierarchy (you are expected to go from trainee to manager within 8-10months doing a variety of jobs within the company while wages are commission based and paid weekly).

The 'shift' ended at 6PM and we took the train back to HQ, where my assessor would go to speak to the CEO to say whether or not I should be offered a place, while I was given a quiz to do (based on the knowledge i'd gained while shadowing). Because I was honest and said I still wasn't sure about working for Chiron (as it is a long day with a lot of info being thrown at you!) she suggested I take a couple of days to think about it and get back to them. Although the working atmosphere and the people are really lovely, supportive, and fun to chat to; I didn't feel the job was right for me, and so I e-mailed to withdraw my candidacy (but I may have been offered a job if I had been positive that this was what I wanted to do).

Interview Questions

• Write down as many excuses as possible that negative customers tend to give when not stopping   1 Answer
    • Write a description of Direct/Indirect marketing; provide examples of Direct/Indirect marketing; choose two examples for each category and write the pros and cons   Answer Question
    • What skills/qualities do you think a person needs in this post?

Guess 8 working habits employees at Chiron should have

What's the unique advantage of our business that has allowed us to grow even in non-growing times?

What's the benefit of our form of marketing to i) the client ii) the customer?

How would you describe the role we are trying to fill?   Answer Question
    • Write down the 5 steps to a conversation, explain the steps and give examples   Answer Question
    • Write down your personal 5 year plan

Write down 10 strengths and 10 weaknesses you have

Write about a time you filled a leadership role; talk about the good parts, and the parts of the experience you would change and why

Write a short personal recommendation for yourself   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chiron Marketing Solutions in May 2016.

Interview

I've applied for this job online and got an email and a call the following day telling me that I've been invited to an interview the following day. I got in for the interview and Rob, the owner basically told me he was looking for people who would want to progress their career. I got invited for their second screening the following day to shadow someone put in the 'field'.

I did all that but never went for it as it entailed stopping people and asking them if they want to sign up for charities. I only wish that they have told me this sooner during the interview than me finding out what the very next day.

Interview Questions

I declined because it was not what i was looking for, I wished they made the task clearer at the beginning of the interview rather than finding out the very next day when i was shadowing someone.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chiron Marketing Solutions (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via reed.co.uk and immediately received an automatic email telling candidates to contact the company to proceed interview. Follow-up call from the company to arrange an interview next day.

The interview was CV-based, quite short and a bit rushing with very basic information about candidate's background.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chiron Marketing Solutions.

Interview

Interview process was a little longer than a standard one, however it gave me a great insight into the role and company before I actually got started, I thought it was good that the company did this, I like transparency.

Interview Questions

• I was assessed on my general business acumen across the day, tough but fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tough, felt like I was on the apprentice, but it set me up to come in flying which I did. Overall I look back on the process positively, glad I got offered a position at the end of it.

Chiron Marketing Solutions Response

Mar 25, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your review for the Chiron Marketing Solutions interview process.
    It's great to see that you found the experience positive, and understood the reasons behind our 3 stage interview... More

Trainee Sales Interview

Interview

Applied online, interview was pretty tough but certainly set me up for the role itself. At first I thought the process was a little bit too long (took me 5 days, however I was employed at the time so time off for interviews was tough)

Trainee Graduate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chiron Marketing Solutions (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied and received a phone call the next day for this position. Was invited to a 25 minute interview with a manager at the office in Glasgow. During the interview they made a point of not revealing what the job entailed as they would prefer to invite candidates back for a shadowing day. During the interview the manager spoke mostly about how she had no experience in the field and that a degree was not required (despite the job being advertised as 'graduate'). I was asked a total of two questions that were brief and then I was invited to come back the following day to shadow a manager.

On the shadow day myself and another candidate were taken to a shopping centre to shadow a manager trying to get customers to sign up to a charity. It seems that this is a direct sales assistant position disguised as a graduate scheme. Needless to say I did not stick around for the full day.