Chugach Alaska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.0

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

they ask your experience and told them about 30 years in the trade. they were happy and said a back ground check has to be done. that is all i have to say i hope this 30 words.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Bunch of questions straight out of a book because the people interviewing didn't understand the position you were applying for. Called back for interviews on 4 separate occasions and each time it was more pathetic than the last.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you in your life.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

I was interviewed by someone who didn't even understand the position. They looked up questions to ask on the internet (and didn't even understand the answers). They tried to sound intelligent, although when you got technical with the answers their eyes glazed over and they looked like a deer in the headlights.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions specifically, it's been too long ago.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They basically said "We know we pay less than our counterparts, but it is what it is. Take it or leave it".

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I had to fill out a paper application in addition to the one online. I had to wait about 15 minutes after I arrive before my interview started

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy 2 negotiate. I went in expecting a fair amount but it was more than what I expected.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Coordinated for a few months with a manager (I had a connection within the company that got the ball rolling; however, they were interested in the fact that I was a fairly recent college grad with extensive knowledge of the government contracting industry as well as several connections across various companies). Met with the manager for lunch as well as several informal phone interviews and numerous emails. In the end, met with the director 1:1 in the office for a formal interview in a conference room. I waited around a month to find out the result (right before my birthday- boo!)... only to be disappointed that I wasn't chosen... for being inexperienced. I hope one day our paths may cross again but if you are "inexperienced" as well- look elsewhere!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chugach Alaska?   Answer Question
    • How have you used technology in your everyday life?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been involved in a group project where someone was not pulling their own weight? What did you do?   Answer Question

Environmental and Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (Midwest City, OK) in June 2012.

Interview

After resumes were screened, 9 candidates were interviewed. There were 2 interviewers who asked a pre-established set of questions. I believe I made an error in judgement on one of the questions (Describe a time you had difficulty with one of your employees. What did you do?) My answer described an employee who was being desruptive on the job site. After he failed to correct his behavior we fired him. I probably should have picked a case with a more positive ending.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were having difficulty with one of your employees and what you did about it.   1 Answer
    • Why should we give this job to you?   1 Answer

Project Manager General Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinker AFB, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (Tinker AFB, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple and very informal. You must go to the website to fill out application and upload your resume and that is probably the most difficult thing to do. If you have someone on the inside it makes getting your name recognized much easier during the vetting process.

Interview Questions

• There really was not one that I found to be direct or prying, very relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

one and done. They asked how much , I went in a little high and got what I wanted on the counter.

Electrical Design/PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (Midwest City, OK) in December 2011.

Interview

Telephone, very impersonal, standard questions that had nothing to do with the actual job, tailored more to trying to discredit your expierence so they could offer you less money. Their main focus is to get you as cheap as possible and promise you training where needed. Benifits are played off as industry leading. They are more interesed in getting out of the interview without slandering you or commiting the company in order to avoid a potential lawsuit. Labor dispute.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (Midwest City, OK) in October 2009.

Interview

It's a joke. They interview you over and over and over. The people in charge can't make a decision because they are incompetent. It's a good ole' boy system at this location.... and most of upper management got their positions because they are former military, NOT because they actually have relevant experience. Their interview questions are a joke because they don't even know what the candidates need to be qualified, so they ask basic questions. They have some great lower level supervisors who are intelligent and actually know what they are doing, but they come and go quick because upper management uses and abuses them and treats them like dirt. The people who should be in charge, and doing the interviews, are stuck in the lower management positions and can't move up. They finally get frustrated with the incompetency and quit. Some last only a few weeks before they have had enough......

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for peanuts??? Are you willing to do the work of 3 guys and get paid for the work of one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Cost Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chugach Alaska (Anchorage, AK) in February 2009.

Interview

Apply online, Interview, Offer over the phone, get drug test and complete hiring packet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a range and told where I fell within the range.