Church World Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Church World Service Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

Case Manager - Americorps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Church World Service (Durham, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

About an hour long and asked some tough questions about experiences and interest in the position. Got the sense that they are looking for efficient people who have interest and experience with Refugee work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've made a high risk decision. What did you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Church World Service (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Very laid back and amiable--more like a conversation than a formal interview. I had first been a volunteer and so I was familiar with the office and a number of the staff.

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Church World Service (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was via Skype. Second interview was conducted in person and with a third person through Skype. In between interviews I was given scenarios to prep for the in person interview. Time from application to end of interview process was 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty straightforward. I was abroad at the time, so we had a Skype interview - it was only one interview. Was asked mostly standard questions, like things off of my resume, greatest strengths, greatest weaknesses, and then a number of questions related to my cultural competency. There were some behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your experience in dealing with people who did not speak English?   1 Answer

Director for Annual Giving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Church World Service (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview scheduled early last year with whom would have been my direct report, based out of Tanzania, I believe, and we had some difficulties with the connection, to no one's fault, however, I was disappointed to not receive any feedback from the interviewer or HR manager regarding status on my candidacy. I did follow up via email and also phone, with no response.

Interview Questions

• What is the extent of my experience in client-facing roles as well as events management?   Answer Question

Community Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ludlow, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Church World Service (Ludlow, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

My first interview experience with CWS was in NJ. There were three staff staff members from different parts of the US (different offices). They each took turns asking me questions. It was a bit intimidating and took longer than I anticipated since there were three of them (one being the HR director). I was told I would hear back either way, yes or no. I waited for weeks and never heard anything. Finally I called the main office and they claimed they had forgot to call me and let me know they already offered the position to someone else. How unprofessional. Regardless I decided to interview another time in MA. Same set up with three people all from different parts of the US, different offices and one was the HR director. All the same questions. I did hear back about a week later, if that. I was offered the position, a salary of $45K a year and if I wanted to think about it I could call back.

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Church World Service (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

interview with program staff and human resources. there were 4 people interviewing me. then returned for 2nd interview. interview went well. ask you basic questions. if review website, able to do interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Church World Service.

Interview

I was interviewed by two staff members that worked in the Development Office, the same department that the Volunteer Coordinator would be working in. They took turns asking me questions and took notes as I spoke. Overall, the interview took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• They gave a scenario where communication had broken down between the volunteer, a staff member and the volunteer coordinator. The VC assumed everything turned out alright and did not follow through. They asked me what I would do differently in this scenario.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Church World Service (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in November 2011.

Interview

I was reffered bby a friend. They call me for interview. Things went well and then I was given a offer. I accept and join the company