Cincinnati State Technical & Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I saw an online job description and applied for the job to teach Public Speaking. I interviewed and I believe I was hired. The interviewer was very friendly and after we talked, we went to HR. Now I'm trying to get my hands on the text book so I can start preparing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my qualifications.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was contacted by the hiring manager a couple weeks later. I was then contacted by HR to set up an interview. Only one, in-person interview. Standard interview questions. Everything was very laid back. Make sure to double check everything from HR as well as follow up, there were some mistakes made.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your former coworkers what your biggest weakness is, what would they say?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, hourly pay was posted with the job.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Actually very brief. I was already an established volunteer, so many of the people in the interview already knew me, my skills and my teaching style. I was with a two person panel of administrators that already had seen me teach and tutor, so they knew pretty accurately what I could do.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you handle a student that was behind in their work and unsure about being able to pass the course?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. They have an established adjunct rate, although after teaching for three semesters and attending a workshop, you qualify for a pay upgrade.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring was quite protracted due to the whims and inefficiencies of the Human Resources Office. I went from being nominally hired to being informed I had to go through the HR Process, which added 4-5 months onto my onboarding process, during which time I was unemployed.

However, once the interview was scheduled, the interview process itself was straightforward and typical for an academic/administrative position. I had a conversation with the hiring manager, during which he asked me questions about my education, qualifications, and experience. I was able to ask questions I had as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who was unhappy with the service you provided?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The college has a standard rate for the position.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

The invitation for the first interview came about a month after I had applied. The first interview was about an hour long, one-on-one interview with the hiring manager and a subsequent hour long interview with a hiring committee of 3. These were back-to-back. Then, about a week later, I was asked back for a final interview with the president, which lasted about an hour as well. Typical interview questions.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Search Website Resume Submission, Phone call, Interview, background. The process was very detailed but lengthy. In the start it took forever for them to call you back after you called them at least 5 times in a matter of a couple days. They would call you back and be very short with you on the phone like they didnt have time for you

Interview Questions

• How long have you been teaching?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you have everything prepared for interview

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

Submit resume online, involves a couple of panel interviews the second of which involves a sample lecture. The panel members consist of individuals from various departments and you are asked questions in a round robin fashion.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati State Technical & Community College in December 2009.

Interview

The process was more protracted than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• You seem to be overqualified for this job, will you stay here or will you continue to look if you are offered the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary range was posted. I recieved the high end of the range.