Cineplex Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cineplex Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.0

Part Time Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment.

Interview

Very easy interview, at first we entered the avx room, almost 25 persons and we were asked to introduce our self, our name and school and what's your dream job. After there was a one on one interview with each person with very basic questions. Just be yourself

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Applied online received a request an interview approx 4 days later. Ended up with 2 interviews, one in-person with the General Manager and a follow up about a week later with someone from HO (I think) Both were very pleasant and it was a fairly stage forward and easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

A group interview. Fairly easy going but it also felt as though you couldn't really stand out.
    The questions were easy to answer but you really feel bottom of the barrel answering.
    The interviewer was really nice though. She was friendly and easy to talk to and you felt as though you wouldn't mind working for someone like her.
    I will say though that it took them a long time after hiring for me to receive my first days working.

Interview Questions

• A guest wants another bag of popcorn because theirs has too much salt. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Cast Member - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were about ten interviewees, and we were all led to the party room by a group of five staff (varying ages and positions). All the staff stayed, and we made name tags for ourselves with our first names and our favourite movie on them. We had to introduce ourselves by saying our name, our favourite movie, and why it is our favourite.
    Then, the interview questions began. The questions were posed to us as a group and we responded by going around the table sharing our answers.
    For the second part of the interview, we were split in half and asked more individual questions. Then the two groups were given scenarios and told to work as a team to figure out how they would react (if they were cineplex cast members) to the scenario.
    This concluded the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really straight forward I got an email from the manager of the company and went for the group interview. Everyone was really friendly and I got to know most of the people that was working there with me .

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths to provide for this company ?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this job   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a Group Interview with about 5 people. We talked to the person right next to us and presented them in front of everyone. Then, she asked us questions (listed below). She made us sign an availability form. That was pretty much it! The Group Interview was pretty nice, everyone was nice actually and she said that she'll e-mail the ones that got in, and didn't get in. I don't know if I got in yet :) She's announcing it tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst customer service you have experienced?   1 Answer
    • Which fictional character would be a best fit for this job, and why?   1 Answer

Cast Member - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. We all sat down, and the general manager asked us a few questions, and we had to answer. It was your typical group interview. When asked a question, you have to rush to answer it quickly as possible. Overall the process was good, as the general manager was patient and waited for everyone to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a guest and customer?   1 Answer

Part Time Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called in, thought I was interviewing for the VIP side because I also applied to that and man over phone didn't really clarify, just asked if I could come in for an interview that would be 2 weeks away. I prepared for a 1-1 interview but that was my fault. I shouldve prepared for both. The process took 2 hours.

TDLR; terrible experience, it was a group interview (15 interviewees, 6 interviewers). Interviewers dont really give you the chance to talk. You feel rushed the whole time-dont really try to get to know you as a person. Process was long, it took me 3 weeks to get interviewed, orientation would've taken place over a month after the interview. Approximately 2 month process.

When I got there, they seated me with 14 other people down the hall (wouldve been 20 but a couple didnt show), we were interviewed by a manager, and 5 employees. I wasn't really expecting this so I was pretty nervous. We were separated from the customers by a movie poster.

We were partnered up, I had two partners (guy and a girl) and we were told to introduce ourselves to each other: name, school, favourite movie, why you want to work there.Then each group would share what they heard about their partner to everyone else. So when we listened to everyone else introduce their partners, apparently my partner(s) didnt understand how things worked. The guy introduced both of us and himself so me and the girl didnt really get to talk... We were the last group to talk so the interviewers were getting kind of bored and wanted to move on. The fact that I didnt get to talk worked against me.

After that, each person had to talk about a good and a bad customer service experience that they had and how they would make the bad experience better if they were in that situation. Pretty long process, everyone shared two stories. After that, manager passed around sheet so everyone could give in their availability and we were to move on to the "speed dating interview" part.

They could only take in 4 people at a time, I went in with the last group so we waited around doing nothing for awhile. They kind of just left us there. For this "speed dating" thing, you go into a room, (there are 4 tables, one employee at each table) and you and 3 others sit at each table, and you get exactly 1 minute to answer the interviewers questions before moving onto the next table. What I didnt like was that they asked multiple questions but give you so little time to answer. They dont give you time to think about the answers and when you go to answer, they rush the heck out of you. These weren't easy questions too. It could take me more than half the minute to answer one of them. I felt this whole experience was a waste of time cause they dont really put in the effort to get to know you. I know for a fact that this was the first interview of the current hiring season so I dont understand how they got so bored and impatient with everything so fast. They had two more coming up within the next couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses (make sure you list multiple strengths and weaknesses)?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you make sure that they were satisfied when they left?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What differentiates a great customer service experience from a good one?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with certain situations (gives scenario)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent them my resume and within the week they called me for a group interview. Everyone was very casually dressed, and the interview was easy. Two or three questions, they just wanted to see our personalities and if we'd get along. There was also a quick sheet to fill out about availability and basic math.

Cast Member Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineplex Entertainment.

Interview

I was called for a group interview. New social situations with a lot of people are very difficult for me. I asked the management team if I could do a traditional interview with a manager. they seemed hesitant but accommodated my request. The manager met with me and we spoke for 20 minutes. The manager was very nice!

Interview Questions

• When did you give good customer service   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when you were able to make a group happy and lighten the mood.   1 Answer