Cineworld Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cineworld Cinemas Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.2

Multi Functional Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied online by doing a basic questionnaire. I got a call back a few days later inviting me to do an interview. The interview was in a group setting with about 10 other candidates. Extremely easy interview with group activities (e.g. drawing posters etc). They basically wanted to see if you were able to work in a group. At the end they made you pick a random word out of a hat and talk about it (e.g. popcorn, nachos) for a minute.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas in June 2017.

Interview

Quite a relaxed group interview. My group was made up of 10 people but overall they interviewed around 25-30. We introduced ourselves with our name and which films we are looking forward to this year, then did a group activity where we guessed the film titles represented in the picture collage, then filled out a booklet of basic maths questions and went through some scenarios and said what we would do. Afterwards, in groups of five, we did a roleplay activity where we had to try and sell the Cineworld unlimited card. Overall not too difficult, just take every opportunity you can to put yourself forward and present yourself as a team player (eg answering questions and directing your group) as well as showing off your knowledge about cineworld or just films in general.

Interview Questions

• A customer drops their drink seconds after buying it, what do you do?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Very intense group interview, consists of team building excercises, presentations and then a customer service and maths exam. Was over 20 people in the one interview and you are just watched by managers as you perform tasks. Whole thing lasted about 3 hours so it was a very long process

Negotiation

Cd

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Wolverhampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Was in a group of about 40 people. we sat and watched trailers for 10 minutes, then went on to pointless excercises like building a structure our of marshmallows and spaghetti. Then it became an open forum for the group of 40 people to be as loud and obnoxious as possible on order to get the attention of the managers. wasn't at any time asked to demonstrate previous skills, experience or product knowledge. "Interview" lasted around 3 hours. wasted 3 hours of my time and the other 38 people who didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Build the biggest structure you can out of marshmallows and spaghetti.   1 Answer
    • They didn't   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call for an interview 3 days after I applied online. I was told the interview was going to take 3hours. I didn't ask if it was a group interview or one-on-one.

I researched using Glassdoor which helped a great deal. There I discovered that the interview was likely to be a group interview.

I got to the venue 15mins early and was told to sit at the bar where about 10 people were already seated. We wrote our names on name tags and stuck them to our chest for easy identification. The interviewers- 2 of them, male and female- were extremely nice and told us to relax as it was an informal interview.

We had 3 group activities. First, we were seated in twos, asked to meet our partners and introduce them to the entire group describing them with the movie character we felt they most resembled. Second, we had 3 scenario questions to answer as a mixed-up group of fives and fours. Lastly, we were told to go round the cinema and highlight one unique selling point or ongoing promotion and later on give a report to the interviewers on our findings in yet another mixed-up group of fives and fours. We were given 30mins for this. After this round, we were asked if we had any questions. I asked when the chosen ones were likely to start work and what they [the interviewers] liked most about the company. Please note in answering group questions, try to allow everyone in the group speak- share the answers amongst yourselves so everyone can be given a chance to be assessed. We did this in the 2 last groups I was in and I think it helped.
    We were about 17 of us in total. The interview lasted 3.30hrs with ample breaks in between.

After the last group interview, some of us went for a final one-on-one interview with some of the staff where we were asked questions on availability, scenario questions on customer service and team work etc

All in all, it was an easy and relaxed interview.

I got a call 3 hours later stating that I got the job and later on a congratulatory email with more details.

Interview Questions

• Group Scenario Question

A customer walks in with their child to see a movie rated 15. You are unsure if the child is 15 years or not. What do you do?
    • One-on-one question
      Mention one time you worked in a team?
    • One-on-one question
      Describe one time you went above board for a customer?
    • Group Scenario Question
      A child goes in to see a movie with his parent and comes out crying stating he is afraid of the monster after 10mins what do you do next and why?

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a friendly and slightly informal group interview. There were three parts to this interview, independent and group work.
    Part one - Ice breaker questions
    Part two - Group story task
    Part three - Maths test

The only downside was waiting 3 weeks after I applied online, to get an interview. But it is understandable as they interview several people at the same time. It was actually the best interview I've had, as your put at ease straight away.

Interview Questions

• As an introduction we were given three random M&M chocolates. On the screen questions next to each colour appeared, you had to answer the ones that matched you. The questions I can remember appearing were -
      What is your favourite film?
      What is your favourite book?
      What is your favourite holiday destination?
      What is your favourite meal?
      There were few more which I cant remember
      1 Answer
    • For part two we had to get in groups of three and four. We then had to create the longest story possible, using one letter, two letter and three letter words. The exception was we had to use the word 'Cineworld' in the story.   1 Answer
    • Finally, we were given an individual maths test to complete, five questions. It was basic maths and fairly simple, just read the questions properly so your not tricked. - Remember to include 3D glasses!   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas in April 2017.

Interview

First, starting with introducing ourselves ex) favourate movie, favourate holiday,,,. Second, 8 of us divided into 2 groups and making a story with less than 3 words as long as possible and watched the lastest release and come up with marketing plan. lastly do some numerical questions. no one to one interview

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ilford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Ilford, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview started with a slideshow about the company, in particular about that branch. After, we introduced ourselves by picking out a M&M to answer a question according to the colour. We then got put into groups to make a story out of words with only 3 or less letters and it had to include the word Cineworld once. And then in another group we were handed a scenario and we had to scope the cinema to solve it, which we then presented in front of everyone else.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their application website. Got a call 2 days later inviting me to an interview. I was told I had to bring my passport, NI number and various bank details. They also gave me 2 times I could attend on the day and chose the latter. I forgot to ask if it was a group interview or a 1-1 interview!

Arrived at the interview 10 minutes before, along with 2 other people. One wore a suit, another wore a t-shirt and jeans and I wore jeans and a smart jumper. We were the only 3 people in the 'group' interview.

Were taken to a small room, where there was 5 senior members of staff. We had 3 tasks (which were quite fun actually!); write a story using 1, 2 or 3 letter words and we got a bonus of 10 points if we included a bonus word (ours was 'bat' - the animal), we had 3 scenarios that we had to say what we would do (remember Cineworld is all about customer experience and satisfaction!!) and finally, we played pictionary, which was really fun!

They asked if we had any questions. I asked 'when would you like someone to start'. They then told us that we were able to leave.

Got a call about 2 hours later saying I had the job and would have an induction email come through in the next few days. The induction apparently lasts 5 hours (I haven't done it yet!) and told me to wear casual clothing.

Interview Questions

• You're taking out the bins and someone comes up to you and says theres no toilet paper in the toilets. What would you do?   1 Answer
    • A child buys a small popcorn and a drink. He drops the drink and cries loudly. What would you do and why?   Answer Question
    • Someone preordered tickets but have broken their leg and need to sit in an isle seat. What would you do and why?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tamworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cineworld Cinemas (Tamworth, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job through the website. Got a call the day after the submission deadline asking me to come in to the Cinema two days later. The manager gave me a time but didn't tell me if the interview would be a group one or one to one.

Turns out it was a group interview! We went into one of the screens and i was one of the first there. I sat in the front row. (I recommend this! The manager will be able to see you and remember you if you sit in the front)

There was about 30 of us in total.
    The interview was run by a manager and a team member already working there. The general manager was also there but he just watched over us.

They put us into pairs with the person sitting nearest to us. We had to tell each other about ourselves and then introduce each other too the group. We also had to say which film character they were most like. (If you're suck just pick a character who is friendly and welcoming...)

Then we got put into other small groups to answer scenario based questions. (e.g.: what would you do if a child dropped it's drink) This is probably the easiest part of the process. As a group you will find the right answers. Just remember to put customer satisfaction first.

Next are 4/5 maths questions. Pretty simple adding and subtracting. You get a list of the prices and you use them to answer the questions. (Think year 6 maths test!) You do need to figure out 10% of something so make sure you know how. Also one question requires you to add £1 for each pair of 3D glasses. Don't get tricked by forgetting that!

For the last task we got into two groups of 15. We had to describe our favourite film for 30 seconds as if we were talking to a customer. Pick a film you know about. DON'T describe the plot! I saw a few people do this....why?! You're trying to sell the film to the customer, not ruin the film for them. :) Say "if you like....*a film similar to the one you've chosen*....you'll probably enjoy this!"

We didn't get one to one interviews which i was very disappointed about at the time. However after a few hours i got a call from the manager offering me a job.

In the end 7 out of 30 of us got the job! Lovely people i spoke to on the day didn't get chosen so don't be disheartened if you don't get it.