Citicorp Services India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citicorp Services India Interview Questions

Interviews at Citicorp Services India

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India in October 2014.

Interview

on-line test followed by two rounds of interviews. The interview was on basic algorithm and data structures. Basic knowledge of finance is a a plus but not necessary. The HR interview was on basic knowledge of computer science and why do you want to join the bank kind of questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Custody Supporter Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India (New York, NY).

Interview

Worst interview process ,,then will just call u for an interview and then the hr will conduct a JD round in which if u perform well ,then also he will reject u,,,,the attitude of the HR in very rude and arrogant..

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online test, shortlist based on test, 4 sections - Numerical Ability, Reasoning, SQL and Data Interpretation.
    2nd round of coding - 2 questions
    F2F interview - 1 tech and 1 telephonic HR
    They prefer people with low CGPA, I personally could not clear since I had CGPA 8.5+.
    Also, they have regional bias. So, get to know which branch of citicorp is coming to hire.
    The test was decently easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India (Varanasi (India)).

Interview

There was an Online test (English, Aptitude, LR, English, Coding) followed by the interviews. The interview consisted of 2 rounds, Technical and HR.
    Technical Interview: The interviewer first kept my resume aside and asked me to tell everything about myself not mentioned in the resume. I gave my introduction very eloquently and confidently which left a good impression on the interviewer. After this, she asked me to briefly summarize my current/most recent project, which I did and then she asked a few questions, facts and figures related to my project. I was also asked to write a code snippet from my project. So that was the end of my technical round.
    HR interview: There were two interviewers. They started with my part in the project I did and went on asking questions related to my leadership skills/team spirit, co-curricular. They seemed to be a bit impressed at this point but, out of a sudden they told me that I was not apt for this internship and that I can try at many other companies. This almost left me numb. Then they asked me some basic questions related to my personality and this was the end of it. I wasn't even hoping but I got selected somehow.

Interview Questions

• Technical Round:
      The interviewer first went through my Resume and asked me to give an introduction of myself. After my intro, the interviewer asked questions regarding Linked Lists, BST, String manipulation, basics of OOPs etc. I was asked to code a question on paper. The interviewer also asked about Database Management, but I did not have any knowledge regarding it. In the end, he asked me if I wanted to know anything from him, so I enquired about his role at the company. Technical interview was very easy, almost all coding related questions were from GFG.

HR Interview
      The interviewer asked me to explain any one of the projects on my resume. While I was explaining, the interviewer would ask questions in between. I was also asked about team projects, and how I managed the team. There were a few questions regarding my interests and my family background. I was also asked how I managed my problems while my summer internship at South Korea. It was very important to stay confident and give precise answers without stuttering.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India.

Interview

It was on campus interview. Interviewer was very cool and helping. He was giving me hints for the answers. He started with basics of Java and asked os cansepts and some puzzles. I was not selected as Java was not in my resume and they were searching for that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India (New Delhi (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

First round was an aptitude round and it contained two simple programs under Co Cubes platform . Then directly interview . Interview was a worst experience. Inspite of performing well , I got rejected

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Around 60 students were shortlisted for the interview process. This process is done in 1 day and was for a short time of about 15 min for each person. All the questions asked were based on the resume.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

It takes in 3 steps:-
    1. Financial Technical interview - generally by AVP or VP
    If cleared,
    2. Interview by COE head
    Step 1 & 2 will be on the same day or maybe different. The process takes time.
    If cleared,
    3. HR interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India (Manipal (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus interview. We had a written round with questions mainly from corporate finance and financial analysis. After which there was a couple of F2F rounds which had both general questions as well as technical questions. The technical questions were mainly on econoimcs and corporate finance.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions like how to i calculate beta of an industry   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citicorp Services India in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process began on time. The office campus was good and the inside was like a regular office. I went through 3 rounds of interview.

Round 1:
    Since the position was about credit analysis, I was asked how would I go about analysing a company. I explained the relevant ratios that need to be calculated using the Company's latest financial statements. I was grilled in relation to the specifics of each ratio to check whether I knew the formulae well. It was however more like a textbook quiz and since I had my fundamentals correct it was not a problem. I would however point out that the interviewer would keep asking if I was sure whether I am going to stick to my answer. While his attempt was checking my confidence, it was quite annoying because the questions were quite straightforward and it was demeaning that he wanted me to double check each answer.
    The compensation discussion was embarrassing. I told him my expectation was the industry average for a chartered accountant and he pitched the average so low that it was humiliating to me individually because my interview performance was impeccable and my entire profession because we do not deserve to get paid that little.

Round 2:
    This was with the boss who was quite rude throughout the process. His questions were blunt and he would interrupt midway should your answer not be what he expects (despite it being right). He asked how I would rate myself in that interview. When I said 6/10 he insulted me saying my performance was not even a 1/10. I had to tell him that my academics has been first class throughout and my first round of interview was great. I made a mistake or two in the exact definitions that he asked me but my 70% marks in finance stand proof of the fact that I know all of it. He also told me that he does not see me working under so much pressure in a bank environment. I pointed out that I have interned in a big 4 firm before (full time internship) and since he himself is an accountant like me, he should know what the work culture is like. Seeing me a bit agitated he cooled down the session a bit and put me through to round 3.

Round 3:
    This was the most pleasant round where the interviewer was concerned about stuff on the CV too (unlike the others who just took notes about me on the back of my CV).He encouraged me to think harder on the questions and appreciated my answers.
    Towards the end I was given an assignment to analyse the financials of a public company and email it to them within 2 days.

I went home and analyzed the financials using ratios and publicly available research reports. I put up an excel file and within a week I got an interview call to discuss my final compensation/ location and timings with the HR.

Interview Questions

• If Company A has 10 aircraft on operating lease and Company B has 10 aircraft as its own assets/ on finance lease, in the event of a peer comparison within the aircraft industry, how will you make an apple-to-apple comparison?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I demanded a certain figure with the HR which was above what I quoted at the first round of interviews because I cleared another exam in the meantime and demanded a premium for the same. The HR quoted an amount that was the same as my expectation.