Classmates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Classmates (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The Director of HR + Recruiting was a pleasure to meet and communicate with. Their entire executive team are all brilliant and very personable folks. I enjoyed meeting with each team member. There is a HUGE potential for growth at a company like this.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do and grow into at this company?   1 Answer

BI Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Classmates (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an on site interview in a week. On site interview was for a day. Had to meet multiple mangers and a technical round.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to move to Seattle   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate well, they try to low ball u

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Classmates (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Did a tech interview with a non-techinical recruiter which involved answering questions that were clearly provided by someone more technical, then did a phone screen with one of the engineers. The phone screen involved fairly specific questions on particular technologies like Spring and Hibernate and was pretty short, with the interviewer not providing any time for me to ask questions about the work environment. Decided not to continue the process based on this and the published salary ranges.

Interview Questions

• What SQL would you execute in oracle to identify a column name that is used in multiple tables within a given schema   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Classmates (Seattle, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

I found the job myselff on their web site and applied, received a call back from their recruiter the next day. they have a very good recruiter and she is easy to work with. Once I made it through the recruiting interview they set up a time for me to come in during that time I had three interviews first with a group of PM's (sometimes they do this other times it's one on one). This was followed up with an interview with the hiring manager and once it looked like a hire there as an interview with the SVP of the group. Overall if was quite an easy process as interviews go.

- Phone screen by recruiter, two phone discussions overall
    - Group interview with 5 Program Managers at once. Fairly easy process (1 hour)
    - 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager ( 1 hour)
    - 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager's manager (1 hour)

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions, just standard ones about PMLC, SDLC, waterfall, agile, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated extra 10k in salary above their normal salary ceiling. Negotiated extra week of vacation in first year (off the books) since their first year vacation allowance is a ridiculous 2 weeks.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classmates in June 2008.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the internal recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally an in-person interview with a handful of peers and the hiring manager again (45 mins each). Recruiter was unorganized - forgot she pushed the start time 1 hour and evidently forgot to tell the interview loop, so everyone's schedule got messed up. Not impressed with the team - mostly C players.

Not a cultural fit.