Clinton Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clinton Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

first interview was with two persons, it was very detailed. the project coordinator explained about the project and they asked what made me a fit candidate for the program as well as other basic interview questions. they also asked about previous experiences. Second interview was more general, just wanted to get an idea of me and how I fit the program. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• tell me more about your experience and how it fits with the project   Answer Question

CGI Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation.

Interview

The application process went very well. The 1st step was to complete the online application materials, which consisted of a resume, short biography, writing sample and a short essay. After making it past the 1st round, there are 2 interviews: one with a member of the team and the other with the intern coordinator. Both interviews were pretty standard with personal and experience questions. The 2nd interview with the internship coordinator was a little more focused on how I would personally fit in with the organization and it's mission. It's also great during this interview to ask more questions about your roll and what you could possibly be doing if offered the internship. Immediately after the 2nd interview, I was offered the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Lengthy application process - writing sample, recommendations, cover letter etc. First interview was general - get to know you sort of questions. Second interview was with department head - I got three interviews for this section, based on the groups I had applied to. Final interview was with director of intern program. All the interviews were friendly, insightful, and constructive. I had a really good time applying to the program.

Interview Questions

• "If you were writing a brief to President Clinton for a foreign trip, what would you include?"
      "Tell us about how your values align with our foundation"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation.

Interview

Applied some time in October and was contacted at the end of November for an interview. The interviewer was very nice and not looking to stump anyone. I was told about the next step and who I would be contacted by.

A few weeks go by and I am contacted by another person for a final interview. After this interview, I was told I would be contacted again.

However, until this day I have gotten absolutely silence, despite following up and asking.
    I know that offices are very busy, however it really does not hurt to send out a quick email to an applicant to give them an answer. It's just rather a courtesy.

Never have I interviewed for place and received complete silence after interviewing. I just have no idea if I ever got the position.

This left a poor impression.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by several departments. They all explain the different jobs at hand and the tasks you'll undertake and go through your CV to discuss education and experience. The person interviewing you sends their review of you back to HR who makes the final cuts and interview you again to discuss start times and process going forward.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation in November 2015.

Interview

I was very interested in the Clinton Foundation's internship program in New York City and applied online over summer for their spring term. It was a lengthy application process with an essay, statement of purpose, writing sample, resume and letters of recommendation. I submitted my application and was contacted in November for an interview with not just the department that I initially applied to but three others! I was pleased that I had so many interviews and made sure I was well prepared for each and every one of them. At the end of each interview I was assured that I would be contacted by the intern coordinator within two weeks. However, two weeks turned into two months and I have not heard anything from the intern coordinator. I emailed and left messages for him directly but had no success. I am glad that I learned that the foundation is so disorganized before committing 3-4 months of my time to volunteer to work for them as the internship is UNPAID. I am greatly disappointed that the Clinton Foundation could not simply have let applicants know that they were not selected to be a part of the program as the application and interview process are very rigorous and time consuming.

CGI America Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Received an email from someone in HR to schedule an interview. First interview was with a Working Group manager (you can theoretically receive calls from more than one if more than one working group is interested in you). Standard questions. Second call was impromptu call from Intern Program director, who also performed a short interview. Same basic questions with some personal ones thrown in.

Interview Questions

• Two interesting ones were "Tell me what you're passionate about" and "Tell me how your writing skills have improved".   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation.

Interview

One 30 minute phone call with the department and one 15 minute call with the internship coordinator. Applied in October and interviewed in December. Everyone was friendly and not trying to trip anyone up. Looking for people who really wanted to be there.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation in August 2015.

Interview

Met with several people. Some very smart, engaging team members, good questions. However, one of the directors of program arrived inexplicably 45 minutes late, no one knew why: distracted and oddly hostile demeanor. Multiple questions on past experience with "difficult" people; very few questions on program content; focus on memo writing and bureaucratic chain of command; not a lot of emphasis on team interaction; did not elaborate on Presidential impact or engagement; only one question on U.S. economic growth relating to fossil fuel industry; questions were more about company process than economy. Non-entrepreneurial focus. No team member appearing had a background in business or economics. Some key personnel are non-citizens who seem uninformed on American economic history or current trends. For all the talk of diversity: People of color not in key decision making roles. My takeaway was that this is not a place to make real impact. The role is more bureaucratic than innovative.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with "difficult" people?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Clinton Foundation in August 2015.

Interview

You can't really apply to this internship on a whim. The application process includes essays, professors' letter of recs, and two rounds of phone interviews.

You have to be mindful of dates and deadlines when you're applying. If you want to apply for summer I would start discussing talking to your professors/mentors in Jan/February so that they have time to write a good recommendation.

I applied for a fall position. I contacts my professors in April, submitted my application on June 15 (deadline), and started interviewing in early August. My second interview where I was offered the position was mid-August. The internship started mid September.

Interview Questions

• What relative things to this position did you learn from this class?

Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question