Clover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clover Interview Questions

Interviews at Clover

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clover (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I found the company through a current employee, who was very friendly and referred me for a role. Unfortunately, things went downhill from there.

First of all, the HR woman is awful. The process—which dragged on for months—remained opaque throughout. The company never explained its hiring procedure, and for much of the time I did not know which position I was being considered for or if the process had ended. Furthermore, the HR woman proved unresponsive and inconsiderate, not bothering to answer my questions until I had asked multiple times and changing schedules on a whim. More than once she emailed me asking if I had availability at a later date. I would block off that entire morning or afternoon and not hear back until the night before, when she would ask my availability at another date—she seemed to have no regard for my schedule or my time.

I had two phone interviews, the first of which was more or less standard while the second was quite enjoyable. My interviewer and I hit it off, and the subject matter brought a refreshing twist to the typical phone screen.

The onsite date proved a different story. While my first interviewer was pleasant enough, the second explained that all he cared about was whether I knew Java—everything else was unimportant. As any engineer knows, this is the least significant skill and arguably the worst indicator of ability. My final interviewer sealed the deal with remarkable condescension. At times I had difficulty speaking through his incessant interruptions.

While I appreciate the kind employee who referred me, my time with Clover left a strong distaste. If the company wants to attract the best talent, HR and recruiting need to respect their candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clover (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had onsite interview, at clover. There were four rounds.
    For me first round was more on my background and my current work, then it was REST API and a small implementation as well.
    Second round was on Data Structures and general OOPs concept as well as my knowledge on php.
    Third round was on problem solving ability by the use of Data Structure
    Fourth round was for Database Concepts with a Database design problem
    All on all they check on your data structures concepts and implementation along with DB concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clover (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Phone screen, in person with multiple developers in 1 hr chunks. However this was for a contract to hire so there were more involved screenings with the recruiting company. Please read on...

I had a lot of reservations with the contract to hire as the contracting firm had very very poor benefits. I asked lots of questions regarding this with them and they wouldn't give a direct answer. The words "at will employment" came out a lot. The biggest concern was that when I asked about salary it was explained that they wouldn't have any comments about salary until AFTER the contract period, and that at that time they would make an offer based on the contract period. Basically this meant that if you make a certain amount then went on contract after the contract they would/could probably pay you less. What are you going to do at that point? A person wouldn't have any bargaining chips and would have to take anything they offered, they specifically said they could offer less based on their "opinion" of the contract period.

So even though I did VERY well at the interview (I was very candid with the interviewers and each said they liked me a lot) I was turned down because I voiced to many concerns or asked too many questions about the contracting period. This is very unprofessional and this tactic of trapping a candidate into a salary is indicative of the kind of environment being created at this location. Also this was bad for the recruiting company to be placing individuals in an environment like this.

Interview Questions

• They reviewed my resume to make sure i wasn't blowing smoke.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clover.

Interview

Invited for Onsite interview, spoke with various personnel about various topics. One individual seemed unprepared to give the interview. Expectations about job requirements not made clear or properly communicated between hiring manager and other interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clover (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1 Phone Screen + 1 Coding round + 4 x 1:1 on site. The entire process took around 3-4 weeks. The phone screen was mostly related to my work experience and about the job profile. The coding round was a good exercise to test understanding of linux pipes and C programming. The on site was a mixed bag of questions related to C, Java and Linux. Very quick decision making after the interview. Gave me the offer the day after my on site interview. Overall the interview process was good. The office is amazing and it is a great place to work!

Interview Questions

• C, Linux and Java stuff. Mostly things relevant to the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clover (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

A conversation and then live coding challenge. The conversation is about your experience and your path to becoming an engineer. Including project review. The coding challenge is about 20 minutes.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clover in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email within days after submitting application online. Hiring manager requested a UX process document to be sent before considering for a phone screen. I declined as it involved confidential company information. Next I had a phone screen with the hiring manager and briefly walked through a product I worked on. Next, they requested a design challenge to be completed. The design challenge was time consuming. Within the same day I submitted the solution, I was rejected. The hiring manager expected a detail explanation of process, which was not included in the original challenge requirement. Usually companies would ask the candidate to come in and walk through the process in person during the interview. The interviewing process was not worth the time and effort, and it felt like they were trying to get candidates to design for free.

Interview Questions

• Design a series of wireframe illustrating Starbuck kiosk end-to-end purchase experience   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Interview

Wow. I think there aren't enough words to describe this experience. Hands down, the BEST interviewing process I have EVER had. I have had some wonderful interviewing experiences, mildly bland, and I've had night mare ones where I was chewed up and spit out before I even had an opportunity to represent myself. You never know what kind of culture you're walking into, as the HR person herself told me, interviewing is a two way street.

I interviewed with four different people, and all four were highly intelligent, poised, well rounded people, very classy, immensely intelligent. They figured out who I am and what I'm about in a very short time frame with quality strategic questions that both challenged me, and at the same time made me want to be a part of the answers!

The minute you walk into this place, there's an upbeat vibrant energy of people working hard- but with pride. Every person I spoke with was unique in a distinguished way, yet unified in their commitment to this organization.

I can't believe I genuinely enjoyed an interview process. These are fantastic inspiring people I would love to be around day in and day out.

I wasn't offered a position. Why? I'm not sure. That's my only true regret, not knowing where I fell short, because this is exactly the kind of place and people you want to be around, where you are excited to wake up and solve some problems, or find a new way to make a process more efficient, viable. Or simply to be an integral part of growth.

If you are interviewing here, make sure you put your time and effort in preparing and researching as they are well worth the trouble. I enjoyed every minute of this process and believe this organization is going places. It has already come so far and it was evident to me why.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clover.

Interview

The hiring process is not very professional and appeared to be adhoc. The process took about 2 weeks. It started with a phone screen and then an on-site interview. I talked with 3 people for about 45 minutes each. The interviewers were courteous and asked good questions.

Two of those people were from the same team and didn't seem to gel with each other. Without going into specifics, it appeared that there was a conflict between those two employees and one of them indirectly questioned capabilities of other person.

I was told by the HR person that they will get back to me soon, which never happened. They make it look like the company is a private startup, but that's not the case. The office appeared to be a ghost town.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clover (Mountain View, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

people are nice to talk to and every seems smart. The interview is about 6 hours which including lunch. Usually, you can get the interview result within a day or two.