Club Med Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Club Med Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.1

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Club Med in April 2017.

Interview

This interview was interesting because I had handed my resume to a recruiter at an event and was told they don't usually take resumes or do anything with them and I would have to apply online. A month or so later I had an email asking me for an interview. The Interviewer was great and informative. She asked what I was interested in and told me there were two positions in my job category. We chose one and she went through the job and the lifestyle. At the end of the interview she told me to contact her if I had any questions or made a decision if I wanted the position or not. Regretfully the lifestyle components weren't for me. I could never get up on stage and preform.

Interview Questions

• A question akin to where are you in your life that you are ready to commit to the lifestyle and move to live on the resort.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Club Med (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied August 10, 2016
    First email August 22, 2016
    Interview August 23, 2016

I applied online and about a week later I received an email from a woman on the recruitment team. The email stated that I had been selected as a finalist to work in one of the resorts in Florida, the Caribbean and Mexico and to reply with my availability for an interview, my time zone and my skype ID. The next morning I received another email from a woman that is a field recruiter who asked if I was available that morning for a 30 minute Skype interview. She said Club Med has recently updated their interview process (now it is only a Skype interview) as well as all the questions are on an online form and it is questions more specific to the job you have applied for.

Most of the questions she asked were more to get a feel of who I am, (What words would your friends use to describe you?) The 2 most specific questions pertaining to child care were, What is the first question you would ask a parent when they are dropping their child off for the first time? And how would you adapt to indoor play with children if it started raining outside? (I'm from Vancouver BC so that is an everyday occurrence for me and was a very easy question to answer)

Within 30 minutes of the interview ending, I received an email from the women on the recruitment team. " The results of your interview are in! I am pleased to inform you that you have been recommended for a position with Club Med - Congratulations!" So now my name is on a list for the next available mini club GO position. The email also said "we are unable to confirm a specific employment date at this time therefore this letter is not intended as an offer of employment" (which is why below I put no I did not get an offer)

Interview Questions

• What is the first question you would ask a parent when they are dropping their child off for the first time?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Club Med (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone first with a Recruiter. Our phone conversation lasted maybe 20 minutes or so. The recruiter then scheduled a one-on-one interview with me a few days from the phone interview date and added that if it went well, I would begin working that evening. I had the second interview in person on property. That interview lasted about an hour or so before I was offered the position and began taking care of all the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What did I think the most important thing was in providing excellent service?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Club Med (Doral, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

They use outside recruiting services heavily. Was Contacted by an outside recruiter and had to interview with the recruiter first. Second interview was with the hiring manager at Club Med. They were constantly calling me and asking me additional questions post the interview. After not attaining the desired score on the excel based test (which I was advised that few candidates have passed), no one ever reached out to me again.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to take a timed excel test that was emailed to me. The test was not very comprehensive and did not allow for interpretation based flexibility.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Club Med (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online. Then I got an invitation email to come into recruitment day. The first part is watching presentation about club med. The second part is we all got divided into groups, then presented what we have learnt from earlier.

The last part is interview one on one with recruiter.

Kids Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Club Med.

Interview

I was contacted by phone after submitting an online application. We set up a Skype interview which lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were simple and the interview was mostly information about working at Club Med. Although the website states that French fluency is compulsory, I was applying for a position in the North American zone and my intermediate level French was acceptable.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your childcare experience and knowledge: basic, intermediate, or advanced?   1 Answer

The salary was too low.

None Specified Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Club Med (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

It took them 6 months between the first and second interviews. For the first, I put together a presentation and did a video interview with the CEO. 6 months later, I was in Miami anyway, so told them I'd be there and then they scheduled a second interview. 3 months later they gave me an offer of temporary employment.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Club Med (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

It is a group interview usually, very fun atmosphere.
    They ask everyone to perform some talent, and to talk briefly about why you would want to join Club Med. It is great for sincere extroverted people.

Interview Questions

• What was your best vacation experience?   1 Answer

Mini Club Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Club Med (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

First interview was with a former worker (G.O.). It was on Skype.
    Second interview was with HR with Club Med. Sometimes they have live group interviews, where they get the group of interviewers to do role play and act out skits.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with kids and other hospitality jobs?   Answer Question

G O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Club Med (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

they asked me to make a group interview, after letting me know that my application was selected amongst many. The goal is to give me more details on the "Club Med Life". I replied to the person asking for answer to one question, a question that i feel is pertinent." How much does it pay?"

They gave me all sorts of details in the original email, like that i would have medical insurance - Transport - the duration of typical contracts etc... but no mentions of what is really important for someone looking for a job = The Salary.

So after asking them in reply to their original email, i received a very evasive answer in the likes of, You need to come to the group meeting if you want to know this detail. I felt it was not really transparent, so the salary must be something they are not inclined to disclose until they have made maximum effort to reel you in. Feels like they are fishing me quite a bit and therefore i've declined going further with this job interview.