Clyde's Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clyde's Restaurant Group Interview Questions

1.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clyde's Restaurant Group

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group.

Interview

Quite easy. They asked basic questions about experience and why you want to work there. A few questions about alcohol knowledge and food is asked, but it is not an incredibly important question.

Server Interview

Interview

Fairly casual with one short interview. I was recommended by a friend for the position so this may have been why. Met with two managers during this interview after dropping by to fill out an application. The managers were able to get me working shortly after interviewing. The training process was extensive.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group.

Interview

The interview took 5 minutes. I walked into the restaurant and asked to fill out an application, sat down at a booth and was greeted by the manager within minutes. My manager told me that Clyde's managers pretty much decide whether you are hired or not within the first 5 minutes of meeting you. It's all about your persona and people skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

The interview was really easy. Mostly talked about my previous work experience. It took about 10 minutes and I got an offer right away. Then, manager started telling me how good this restaurant and company is, and how they manage it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I have applied for five restaurants, including Clyde's, and got an offers right away from all 5 of them, but decided to go with Clyde's. I really regret about it, waist of time.

Front Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group.

Interview

Easy and standard. It's a job for a waiter, so don't be an idiot but be prepared to go through a lot of training after getting the job. Each location is different in terms of how good the managers are and how much money you'll make, so be careful to apply to the right branch.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Short and uneventful. Only several questions were asked about my history and I did not need too much in order to get the job. I had to show that I was interested in the position and that I had some experience working in a kitchen.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have working in a kitchen?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

After applying online and following up with a phone call, I scheduled an interview with a manager. They seemed disorganized and rarely prepared as they called me in for 3 interviews. It seemed as if the interviewers did not correspond with one another

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in your current or most recent place of employment.   Answer Question
    • What do you consider to be a "nice' restaurant and why?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Got the interview through a friend. Talked to a floor manager for maybe 20 minutes. Had a job when I left. Started out as a waiter--was promoted to bartender after about a year and a half. I've seen a lot of people show up looking like crap. You should probably wear something dressy, even if not a suit. It may just be a restaurant job, but you should still look like you take care of yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group (Columbia, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

They called me up, I had an interview with two managers in the upstairs lobby of the building (it was during construction). They asked your typical HR questions, some questions about my experience, and some questions about the restaurant.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clyde's Restaurant Group (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview itself was very casual. I interviewed with the General Manager first, then another manager a week later. I was hired on the spot when I met with the manager. They wanted to get a feel if I could handle working in a restaurant, specifically for the Clyde's environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience waiting tables?   1 Answer