Cobb Theatres Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cobb Theatres

1.8

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2013.

Interview

There are few sets of interviews .
    You will sit down with one of the managers and they will first get to know you and your history. It's very easy, they are looking for someone who is positive and shows initiative. It only last about 30 minutes. Just be yourself and it will be fine

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Leesburg, VA).

Interview

Submitted application, got a call back a week later. Had two interviews and then was hired. Make sure to call in or walk in to check on application. That seemed to be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why cobb? Asked me questions about my resume. How were you and your previous supervisor similar? different?   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Leesburg, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

Walked in the door with a a completed application form and a resume, Was given a first interview on the spot. Asked stranded questions, followed by 5 questions. 1. How do you meet new people. 2. Have you ever been in a position to give critical feedback to a friend? What was the outcome. 3.How would your friends describe you. 4.Describe a time you walked into a store for the first time and what were your impressions. 5.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to give critical feed back to a friend.   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you.   1 Answer

Concession Stand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a little over a week later for an interview. Walked in, spoke with a manager and was asked a few simple questions and was asked to go back in tomorrow for the second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a second interview but I am optimistic about it.

Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Lakeland, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

they called back to schedule an interview roughly one week after i had submitted my application. the first interview was with an assistant manager, and the second was scheduled a few days later to be held with the general manager. i was then scheduled for orientation the following week, where we watched work safety/instructional videos and completed necessary paperwork.

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

They called me for an interview, I showed up and management told me to sit and wait for the manager. When we started he asked me basic interview questions, shortly after he employed me.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (New York, NY).

Interview

Really easy! Just don't be mean to the guy. Be sure to be dressed professionally and don't say anything you might regret. Be confident and you will be sure to land the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a dollar on the floor?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Clearwater, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very simple, basic interview, followed by just a discussion on your life and your hobbies. You are given two interviews the second is granted if they personally liked or enjoyed your first one. Usually wasn't longer than a week after the first interview that you were called back for a second one.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls does Mount Everest weigh?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres in September 2015.

Interview

You will interview with a manager, most likely the role's direct supervisor. If the interview goes well you will be granted a second interview. I interviewed on the spot due to mass hiring needs (new location opening). My interviews occurred back to back (the 2nd interview immediately followed the first).

The first interview was approx. 1 hour. It began with questions to evaluate my qualifications in relation to the function and responsibilities of a Cinebistro bartender. Then the manager reviewed specific expectations for the bartender role so I fully understood what I would be required to do. The interview concluded with a thorough description of the Cinebistro/Cobb Theaters concept. My 2nd interview was with the GM & focused on my guest service experience. He asked questions to assesses my "fit" with the company and culture. I was offered a job after the 2nd interview & completed my new hire paperwork at that time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience bartending in a high volume area?   Answer Question
    • What does guest service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Cobb Theaters and/or Cinebistro?   1 Answer
    • What is your bartending experience?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an employee who is not doing their fair share of work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation; however, pay is above minimum wage and higher than other businesses in the area for a similar role

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cobb Theatres (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I apply online and got a call back a week later for a interview. The interview took 30 minutes. Later on that day i received a phone call saying i got the job. They ask me to come in the next day with black pants black shoes and a blue shirt. They show me 3 videos about the job then they show me a tour around the work place. I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer